Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Cannot take hrt so starting ad’s  (Read 5700 times)

catlover68

Re: Cannot take hrt so starting ad’s
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 01:40:26 AM »

Hi ladies

I'm wide awake with insomnia so thought would do a quick message.

Hurdity- I did suggest trying different patches but she said as I had already tried patches,tablets and gel it's obvious the oestrogen doesn't agree with me and no matter how it's delivered it's the same thing and that a lot of women are unable to take hrt for various reasons. As I have said previously I'm gutted that I cannot tolerate hrt at the moment,I certainly would not rule out trying it again in the future. I've got to be honest if I need to discuss hrt again I will not go back to see the nurse as I'm not keen on her but was the only person with appointments on that day. Thankyou for your advice and I will think about this again.

Pants46 I'm taking it slowly and having 5 mgs and having side effects. My anxiety is through the roof and nausea and slight constant headache,just hoping this settles down. What about you?

Sparkler- I have another thread on head with more detail but with the hrt I was getting a migraine almost as soon as I applied the gel. It just made me feel awful. I tried adjusting the dose but no joy.  The tablets were slightly more tolerable but again gave me migraines and digestive issues. I also tried elleste solo patches and these just did not agree with me either. It was almost like I was getting too much oestrogen if that's possible?
I also have mirena for progesterone. As soon as I came off hrt the migraine went and I did feel a bit better. I knew she would offer me Antidepressants as it had already crossed my mind to try them. I have been on citalopram previously for 8 years so hoping I can tolerate them again. The side effects are not pleasant.

Thanks for advice ladies,I'm grateful for this forum as it really helps.

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 10:41:02 AM »

Catlover, took the 1/2 tablet (so 5mg) at 8.30pm last night. Was anxious on and off during the day in the run up to taking it. Later in the evening, I spent over an hour onthe phone with one of my closest friends. Good distraction. As I was getting ready for bed, I felt tbe anxiety rising, so I climbed into bed and tapped away (EFT). Fell asleep ok at around 12. But woke up at 2, and at 4 and at 6 and then again at 8. Felt really hot on the inside. But not on the outside.
Feel ok this morning. My hands feel hot though. Wierd.
I am determined, however, that I am not going to have any side effects. It's a mantra I am muttering. Luckily I'm working from home so I can mutter and tap to my heart's content.
I've taken this before, not had side effects and it wotked. So that is what is going to happen this time.
I just need to get some bloody work done, so that I can reduce my work related anxiety. I started a new job in October, and I feel like they've bought a lemon !!!
How are you now ? Did you get any sleep last night ? xx

catlover68

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 01:57:16 PM »

Hello pants46

Let's keep chanting that mantra and hope it works lol! I'm not feeling too bad today,just a niggly headache and anxiety still there niggling in the background. I shall start taking 10 mgs on Saturday so sure my body will love that lol🙄glad you haven't had any major side effects and like you I have taken citalopram before so our bodies should not moan too much now we are introducing it again. This menopause lark is crap,never thought it would come with all these darn symptoms! Hope you manage to get some work done today,like you I started a new job last October and it's bloody stressful,I feel like I want a job now that is just sitting on a till with no stress lol. Keep us updated with how your getting on x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 04:18:43 PM »

Catlover, good to hear from you. And glad your headache is now only a niggle, rather than a roar. Try EFT tapping. It does really help. There are videos on youtube.
I had a real fright today, that sent my anxiety sky rocketing. Had my weekly call with my boss and at the start he saud he had something new to discuss with me, that might come as a surprise. Of corse I went into complete panic. I'm still in my 6 month probation period, and haven't been on form for the last 2 months, and really haven't done anything for 2 weeks. So of course I thought, oh shit ... he's going to tell me that I'm crap or someone has complained. But then he wanted to talk about other stuff first. I had to talk sensibly for 30 minutes before he would tell me. I think if it were yesterday, I would have burst into tears and offered my resignation on the spot. But I held it together.
The thing he wanted to tell me .... my colleague in Asia has resigned!!!! OMG.
Unexpected. But was a huge relief  ;) I really did think I was for the chop.
Now, I really have to get some work done, so that I can stop the work anxiety. And give me space to deal with my other anxieties !!! :o
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:13:27 PM by pants46 »

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »

So, I only woke up twice last night. That's progress I think!! Both times I woke up I raised my arms above my head and wiggled my fingers. So my hands were better this morning.
Catlover - what time of day are you taking the citalopram ? I'm wondering whether I should switch from evening to morning.
Happy Friday to everyone. xx

Tc

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 12:36:45 PM »

Cat lover. My doc prescribed phenegran to help sleep. It's an anti histamine/travel sickness pill. It works but I try to reserve it for when I'm desperate.as it does make you groggy if you have to get up early.
X

catlover68

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »

Hi pants46

Hope your ok today? I take mine on the morning as I think it would disrupt my sleep even further! I always used to take it in the morning when I was on it before. I've gone up to 10mgs today and feeling dizzy and spaced out. Also bloody tired as I had yet another night of broken sleep🙄I am functioning here today at work just about but roll on 5 o'clock lol. Are you on 20 mgs yet?

Tc funny you should suggest phenegran as I've been taking antihistamines for sleep already. I will ask the doc next time I'm there for that. Thanks for the advice😀

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 01:27:27 PM »

Catlover. I'm a few days behind you. Will take my 3rd tonight. Sticking with 1/2 tablets, and only given 10mg. So I'm taking 5mg at the moment. Planning on doing that for 6 days in total, then going up to the full 10mg tablet. Although,  I might continue to split the tablet and take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. Not sure if my disturbed sleep is because of the citalopram, didn't have sleep issues with it before. And my sleep hasn't been great since the surgery (was waking at 5am every day).
I am feeling a little less anxious, so definitely going to keep going.
Sorry you are getting side effects, having upped your dose. I thought you were going to do that tomorrow ??

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 01:46:13 PM »

Tc, I'm not sure about taking anything else  on top of the citalopram right now. Taking anything new will trigger my anxiety. I have some 5mg diazepam (for when I have to have an personal medical exam), but I'm too scared to take that. Even though the doctor says its fine. And I've taken it before. 
So a bit stuck right now. Living on my own doesn't help ... there's no one to turn to in the early hours of the morning, if I feel unwell.  :-\

Tc

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 06:00:11 PM »

I understand that only too well pants. I'm in the same position. It's horrible when you dont feel well and theres nobody there. But it's even worse when you have panic attacks or nightmares and you're on your own.
Thank goodness we have this support on here.
I feel the same about taking too many new things at once. It makes it hard to tell what's causing what.
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 06:13:36 PM »

Little steps.  Medication is designed to help.  It won't be instant. 

Various types of therapies can really help so are worth trying, if nothing else it will be distracting.  Singing helps us to breath correctly.  If you wake in the night, accept.  This won't last for ever.  Practice breathing etc., for years I had music by the bed which I found soothing.  It is finding something that eases those anxiety surges and early hour worries.

I used to wake to see whether I'd been asleep  ::), WTF   :D

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »

Thanks CLKD. I used a radio by my bed when I had anxiety before. I used to lie awake listening for the sound of burglars!!    The radio would block out the sounds my house made at night. I've still got it somewhere. I'm giing to dig it out and plug it in tonight.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:56:33 PM by pants46 »

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »

Tc, the thing is, I've been through an awful lot in my own. An awful lot. And this is the thing that's floored me.
I've lost my bounce-back-abilty.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »

One thing I found was if it was a suitable piece of music I could pretend to ice skate  ;) - far better than in real Life  :D

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »

CKLD, that is unusual !!!
But then, on reflection, I have in the past, listened to music in bed and pretended to be in strictly !!! Although its quite hard to strike pasodobla moves whilst lying down  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4