Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bi/varifocals  (Read 4794 times)

Sparrow

Re: Bi/varifocals
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »

I found I need readers so much that varies were the best bet.  Saved having to wear the damn things around my neck.

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 05:14:04 PM »

I found I need readers so much that varies were the best bet.  Saved having to wear the damn things around my neck.
I don't actually need readers at all at the moment. I only have problems with very small print (eg. legal small print or small streets on an A to Z or in an index). Reading books or  a Kindle in bed or a laptop screen is no problem. However I can't do any close up with my distance glasses. I have to take them off, even when chatting to  a friend over a meal or coffee. In an evening class, I need the glasses to listen to the tutor but not o read from a book in front of me.

I have gone ahead  and ordered 1 pair. I have longer to try them out than I was told yesterday. The sales person yesterday said 2 to 4 weeks but an older (and I think more senior) guy today said 'up to 3 months'. I could then exchange for single lens if I wanted to and/or buy a 2nd pair as single lens or varifocal. The price for the 2nd pair isn't affected by my choice of type.

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »

My advice is just persevere katejo. The first couple of weeks can be awful and you may think you'll never get used to them but then your brain catches on. Even now after many years of wearing vari's, if I have a change of prescription it takes a couple of days to feel really comfortable.
Actually I have had an initial good impression. I collected them earlier today. I walked around outside and also tried close up reading and then went to the cinema. Much better than I had expected on the 1st day. Will try them out at my work PC tomorrow.  :)

It isn't working as well with the computer screen because I need the reading part of the lens which is at the bottom not the middle. I don't know whether the brain can adjust to that. I suspect not. I keep taking them off.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:38:43 AM by Katejo »
Pages: 1 [2]