Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello from Sparkler, I’m new here.  (Read 724 times)

Sparkler

Hello from Sparkler, I’m new here.
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »

Hi all

I love this site. So helpful and informative.

So I am 48 and about to start HRT. Looking back I think I have been perimenopausal since about 2012, when I was prescribed beta blockers for palpitations - no underlying heart problem. I was also having hot flushes and sleeping badly, but put all of this down to a stressful job and busy family.

Been on and off the betas, but gradually came to realise that hot flushes and palpitations were related to my cycle (was regular, then 21 days, now just seemingly random) and that the betas were great at removing tearful pmt symptoms as well as the other symptoms. Dr was happy for me to continue on betas but advised I might eventually want to consider HRT.

And here I am. Symptoms got worse and were not controlled by the betas, and I was ‘on the edge’ too often at work, which was not good. 5 periods in a whole year last year followed by 3 in 2 months.

So about to start evorel patches and utrogestan 200 mgs 2nd half of cycle. Planning to stop the betas a few weeks after starting HRT. Let’s see how it goes.

I would love to hear from other women who have experience of needing to control symptoms in a difficult job which requires permanent calm and rational behaviour. Some days I am neither!
X
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:54:13 PM by Sparkler »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello for Sparkler, I’m new here.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 04:02:42 PM »

;D. you'll fit right in  :welcomemm:

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.  Browse round the Forum.  Make notes.  Do read the vaginal atrophy threads. Forewarned is forearmed  ;)

I take beta-blockas to stop anxiety surges.  20mg at night.