Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Night sweats same time each night.  (Read 4661 times)

Butterfly22

Night sweats same time each night.
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »

Good afternoon ladies,
I've been on duvee for months now but about every morning
At five I wake up soaking, has anyone else had night sweats
Round about the same time every night?
Thank you xx
(Btw I'm butterfly98 but had to start new account as could not sign in)

prestige

Re: Night sweats same time each night.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:33:40 PM »

I tend to have my night sweats around 3am, which is hugely annoying  >:(
I'm manage to train myself to kick the duvet off and still be in sleep mode.

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 05:06:49 PM »

Thanks ladies, it's a very low dose so may not be enough, thanks for your replies makes me think about the hurt I'll keep an eye if gets worse back to the drawing board xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:38:22 PM »

Cortisol may contribute too.

My symptoms were after my 9.00 p.m. bath.  Socks off, insteps itched.  A lot.  After my bath my back would itch, initially I thought it was due to not drying skin enough but nope.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:24:40 PM »

OMG- You sound like a carbon copy of me!! LOL
 I have exeactly the same thing at exactly the same time!!!
Been going on now for about 18 months - sorry to be bearer of that news.
I started HRT April 18, Femeston 1mgs, within 3 days, relief- i couldn't belive it, all stopped- so obviously hormonal.
Then they came back in the july , so upped to femeston 2mgs- again stopped until october, then bingo back again.
So now on patches- 50mcgs- I was sooooo fed up, but my Oestrgen was 1164!!!, Go says mm bit high
BUT being the naughty 'experimenter' that i am, I have out 2 on to see what woudl happen- and 3 days later i slept all night- it is soo obviously hormonal or it woudl not stop at all. But what gets me is that it is so unpredicatably predictable (if that makes sense)
I am hoping that it won't come back
But i like you are totally at a loss to explain why i get no flushes at all at any other time- just this one, at the worst time.  I wake up drenched regardless of environment.
Most of my other symptoms seem to creep back too- 'can't be bothered' feeling, insommnia and wee wakes and then go when i up the dose
I too would really like to know what on earth is going on.

anais

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 11:04:59 PM »

Yes. I have my night sweats around 5pm too. I've been on 3x pumps of Oestrogel for about 2 1/2 years but I was advised to increase it to 4x pumps daily because of the dreaded soggy nightie syndrome. I've been on the max dose of Estrogel for 3-4 weeks now and I'm still having the night sweats. Perhaps I need to give it a few more weeks. I always keep a spare nightie or top nearby in case I need to change. It's almost impossible trying to get back to sleep in damp nightwear.  >:(

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »

Thanks ladies, can't believe others are the same, I tried to google it and could not find anything, I guess I was hoping it was coincidence but obviously not.
I think I'll keep an eye and see how it goes as when I'm having them I'm waking so tired have ME so struggle as it is.
I have heard hrt stopping after a while and I know this one is low probs to low for me.
Thank you for the reassurance ladies xxx

Charliegirl@

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »

Me to! Many soggy pj tops on the floor!  ClKD you mentioned cortisol, how does this contribute to night sweats?
Thanks Charliegirl.x

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »

It's horrible, I wake with trickles running down my back and drenched but so cold and you have to change as soaking. Not sure what CLKD has mentioned maybe worth looking into. Thanks xx

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »

Seems there are quite a lot of us...
I too , searched on google as you do.... it was everything from Lymphoma, TB, to bedclothes!!
Of course , I know it's none of that, as it is dose related HRT, but more 'reassuring' is that i am not alone. The fact that we are all peri and all having the same weird MO.
 All i want of course is it to STOP, but no one seems to know. I would also like to know what on earth causes it.
Why oh why does it have to happen at 5 am!!, wake me up.  I would be happy-ier if it was say 2pm.
I will come back if i find anything= good if any wisdom out there

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »

Cortisol is the waking hormone which can add to our woes.  It certainly caused me anxiety  :-\.  A combination of Cortisol plus other hormones may well contribute to sweats.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »

Thanks re the Cortisol- Anyone know how to deal with that one.
Does Meno do something to the cortisol levels?

Binks

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 11:24:22 PM »

I've had no flushes or hot nights for a year whilst I've been on one pump eistrogel .

Then my husband walked out without leaving a note and never came  back , I've been so stressed over this ( now moved into depression ) that I think my cortisol levels were mega high as I started waking at 4 very hot. Been in anti depressants for a month now and back to normal sleeping , in fact sleeping a lot , but convinced it was the high strsss hormones which triggered the return of the night sweats

Tc

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 11:37:03 PM »

S. I find each time I change my HRT I seem to get realy bad flushes for 2 or 3 days which then settle down (,although on eastrogel they stayed aRound to some extent) I see you have changed recently. I dont know why it is it's almost like a rebound effect
Binks sorry you've had such a rough time . Glad the meds have helped the sleep.
TCx

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »

Ye,
I think it definitely the cortisol. I have done a lot of reading over last few days.
When I take my  amitryptiline, I sleep with no sweats, read an article yesterday when it said AD's lower your cortisol. Bingo.
I also looked on any other meds- only herbal stuff I can't pronounce, available on Amazon £20
I think I might give it a go and hope it is not snake oil! See what happens.
Maybe I can then look at lowering my hrt. Great thread this is.
Pages: [1] 2