Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 8344 times)

Tiny

Anxiety
« on: March 09, 2019, 02:00:02 AM »

Just wondering what anyone is taking for  anxiety I'm on magnesium but not that effective iv now just ordered nerve root complex anyone else tried this and did you find it helped?? The anxiety is stopping me from living my life :( :(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:49:33 AM by Tiny »

Jeepers

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »

Hi Tiny

I use rescue remedy, seems to help a bit. 

I get really confused with the different sorts of Magnesium, and which is the best to take so as not to cause digestive problems

Jeepers x

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 10:32:08 AM »

Vitamins and minerals can take a while to kick in Tiny.

Perhaps consider some mindfulness as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 11:26:29 AM »

How about anti-anxiety medication ? Works for me along girth Rescue Remedy.

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 11:44:41 AM »

That would not be an 'alternative' though. That would be a pharmaceutical product.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »

Alternative to feeling anxious? 

Rescue remedy
Soothing music
Gentle exercise

Tiny - do you keep a mood/food/symtpom diary to chart progress?  Some find it useful.  Also, when is the anxiety worse for you, it used to wake me in the early hours and I would be deeply afraid  :'(.  Deep breathing helped me sometimes.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »

Meditation for sure...the right magnesium and right amount (I won't say which is right because I've tried a few different ones and some don't work as well for me as others, even though they are supposed to be better...)

Look into L-Theanine as well...it's an amino acid that can help with anxiety. It is found in tea leaves. It is supposed to be relaxing and can make you a bit sleepy. I didn't have too many problems with that. I found it helped to take the edge off my anxiety sometimes (But didn't do much for the panic attacks).

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 05:55:57 PM »

I drink tea several times a day  :-\ - bl with 2 sugars please  :thankyou:

Jeepers

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »

Magnesium citrate or stearate you should avoid.

thanks Birdy :-)

Clarekins

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 06:03:31 PM »

Hi Tiny,
I have struggled with anxiety for years and have really found meditation helpful. When it was first suggested, I dismissed it, but after being particularly desperate one time, I thought I'd give it a try. My sister is runs courses on anxiety and recommended it.There are lots on YouTube, if you search guided meditation, 10-15 mins a day. You need to give it 6 weeks to really see if it's helping and do it everyday.
It can be difficult to get into, initially, as it's hard to focus, but comes with practice.
It can be a bit of a chore sometimes, but I make the time as know it is helpful for me.
Good luck!xx

Clarekins

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »

Hi Birdy,
Yes, I do. I can highly recommend a book my sister recommended to me, it's called ' mindfulness- finding peace in a frantic world'. It is a book of a 6 week meditation course and comes with a CD with the guided meditations on, although they are also on youtube.
It is on Amazon and has good reviews, maybe have a look.
I still have trouble focusing sometimes, but it doesn't matter, it still helps me :)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 07:37:44 PM »

Finding time is important to practice - my anxiety made me restless so settling was difficult  :-\.  When I did sit down I would drop off to sleep which as I don't dream in the day, was relaxing in it's own way and gave my brain a rest.

Tiny

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 08:26:42 PM »

Thank you all not tried meditation and don't get the mindfulness part , think because I'm a shift worker my sleep is shocking but have been taken off nights now.bought myself a puppy to take my mind off the symptoms and the  hrt I take I thought this might help  butt not with anxiety or sleep now on citalopram 10mg for night sweats stopped magnesium citrate as upset tummy it really is a horrible time but I'm hoping things will ease soon.

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 10:05:37 PM »

Tiny, I will write to you properly tomorrow. But I wanted to reach out, because I've just started citalopram and stopped looking for a rescue dog / puppy, because I don't feel I could look after it properly right now. Can I send yours a cuddle ??
Hope you sleep well tonight, chat more tomorrow.

Tiny

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 10:51:03 PM »

Thank you it's a difficult time for us all ,brain forgiveness due to lack of sleep really sucks :'(
Pages: [1] 2