Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 10 weeks bleeding every day - Angelique  (Read 2503 times)

HeyJude

10 weeks bleeding every day - Angelique
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:16:40 PM »

Hello Ladies,

Glad to have found a supportive group. I am an Australian living in Mauritius and don't have a support network of close girlfriends here, or at least none who are menopausal.

I've been searching here and on the internet in general and cannot seem to find quite the right discussion.

I am 55 and in menopause for about 1 year. Last period about 18 months ago.

My profession is a training facilitator and I travel to other countries to do this. I love my work but menopause has made it difficult to stand up in front of groups every day when having many hot flushes. It came to a point that the hot flushes were seriously affecting my work. I was also suffering erratic mood swings and anxiety which made the travelling less enjoyable and sent my very supportive husband hiding in his office and me wondering who was saying the words coming out of my mouth. Couldn't have been me  ;D

Dr recommended starting HRT, Angelique.

Angelique cleared the hot flushes and mood swings and anxiety within a matter of days, I felt ‘normal' again and was thrilled!

About three weeks after starting Angelique I started spotting, no big deal, it will pass right? Nope, now 10 weeks after I first started spotting I am still spotting and more than spotting. Not having a period as such, but bleeding a little every day, enough to need tampons again, just when I thought I was done with them forever.

This has been happening every day for 10 weeks, my doctor says ‘give it a little longer'. He had me do a complete medical prior to starting HRT and says he does not think I need to be concerned.

Everything I read talks about some spotting or bleeding for the first six months, maybe longer, but nothing I read indicates every day!

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for the support.

Dancinggirl

Re: 10 weeks bleeding every day - Angelique
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM HeyJude

It can take up to six months for the break through bleeding to stop on any continuous HRT - it can be a nuisance. Maybe stick things out for another few weeks to see if the bleeding settles. Is it heavy or just heavy spotting?

I found having the Mirena fitted and then using separate oestrogen as patch or gel was far better in post menopause and this combo is less likely to give problematic bleeding.
DG x

HeyJude

Re: 10 weeks bleeding every day - Angelique
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 03:52:52 PM »

Thanks for your reply DancingGirl, I am ok to let it “run its course”, it is more annoying than anything, not heavy, just everyday bleeding.

I went the oral HRT route as I live in an incredibly humid climate, swim most days, shower at least twice a day so patches did not seem a good choice for me.

My concern was that everything I have read talked about break through bleeding and spotting some days. I had not found anything about bleeding every single day for such a long period.

The bleeding is so much better than the other pre HRT symptoms but I am hopeful it will stop, using tampons every single day for 10 weeks has become a concern of its own.

Anyway thanks for the welcome, the thoughts and the support, it's appreciated.