Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sore tummy/scar at 20 weeks  (Read 2717 times)

Katymac

Re: Sore tummy/scar at 20 weeks
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 02:48:31 PM »

It's bizarre they say driving at 6 weeks and back to work - but I am onluy just ready to go back to work (well get a job really)

Smitten

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »

That's interesting about being more discomfort when tired at the end of the day I'm literally dog tired and it can be more sensitive and I'll be a year and a half post hysterectomy in April :-\  my experience has been panic am I healing ok and searching for others experiences online after being told initially it should only take 6-12 weeks from my experience that's just not the case.

I wonder if you can use Shea butter I use that on my scar and it's been great! For me it was good few months until it felt comfy enough to do that though it was so sensitive. In the meantime I used aloe Vera lotion.

It's been a long tough recovery for me but it's gett better just slowly  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »

Don't forget that laying down uses different muscles than when walking/standing so is it not reasonsable to assume that as the day goes by the body will become tired and those muscles will be affected.  After my appendix was removed [14.02.1991 - what a Girl does to get flowers  ;D ] I was told not to drive for at least 6 weeks, due to sudden braking probably causing internal damage, also, the Insurance Company insisted on 6 weeks post surgery.  By week 5 I knew that if I didn't get behind the wheel that day, I never would - so took myself off a t quiet time around the village driving carefully.

I was told not to lift anything heavier than a kettle but the day after discharge our heating packed up so I was carrying a blow heater from room to room ........

You have had a general anaesthetic probably and these are huge surgical interventions.  The body can go into shock when interfered with.  After my 3 wisdom teeth were removed under GA I was OK for 10 days then suddenly flopped.  Became *extremely* tired, had to sleep for nearly 2 days ........ give yourselves some slack, get those feet up, cuppa to hand  ;)

Annika

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 04:52:19 PM »

I have a few ops on the tummy area, 3 C sections and a hysterectomy and yes it is normal to have pain after for some time because the nerves have been cut and everything needs time to heal up. One thing my doctor mentioned  don't put anything on it unless they give you it because it may become infected.(I was allergic to the latex bandages and that drove me nuts with the itching and redness) After I took a shower I used the hairdryer on my tummy to dry it off and not touch around that area. If it looks very red and swollen and you think its infected then contact the doctor right away. Good luck healing and give yourself time..I used a great website called Hystersisters.com where many women share their experiences with recovery.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 05:40:46 PM »

We forget too that the body is layered so each layer of skin, muscle etc. needs to be cut through and the re-stitched.  Bound to be bruising inside too!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 07:09:24 PM »

It does take a long time to heal, after my abdominal hysterectomy I wasn't allowed to do anything but rest for 2 weeks and like CKLD not lift anything heavier than a kettle, couldn't drive for 6 weeks nightmare when you live in a rural area & need a car! Soreness took a long time to go even now after 2 years I still niggles & round the scar it's still numb.
Pages: 1 [2]