Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Low Moods  (Read 1384 times)

Kathleen

Low Moods
« on: September 15, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »

Hello ladies.

Another brain teaser for you all if you don't mind.

How would you describe your low moods? Unfortunately one has me in it's grasp today and I'm wondering if it is a result of my no HRT experiment though I did have them even when taking HRT.  To complicate matters I have a virus atm so generally feeling sorry for myself (I know, not a good look is it).

When these horrible feelings occur I feel very tearful but also edgey and easily panicked. I'm jumpy as well and the slightest noise has me leaping out of my chair ( my hubby was watching the cricket earlier and those guys are loud). In addition my head feels a bit woolly and I struggle to think straight plus of course everything and everyone irritates me. Mainly though I feel depressed but in a sort of chemical way, it's like a headache is trying to start but there isn't the energy.

Reading the above I suppose everything could be due to years of poor quality sleep or even the virus but it has happened enough times to make me think it's hormonal.

Does my description ring any bells with you ladies? Are your low moods similar or do they differ greatly and what strategies do you have for dealing with them.? On another post someone said they wanted to hide away sometimes and I certainly agree with that.

Thanks for reading this ladies and I look forward to hearing your stories.

Take care all.

K.

Hurdity

Re: Low Moods
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:03:42 AM »

Hi Kathleen

Sorry to hear you were feeling low yesterday. However it is very normal to feel like this if you have a virus whether or not on HRT! I most certainly do....

The other thing is the intolerable sensitivity to sound I always get just before a migraine and often that is when I know one is coming. I can't remember if you suffer from them? That sounds exactly how I feel - and then the headache comes - but I always feel low, lethargic and generally fuzzy, foggy tired etc during a migraine even if I get the headache sorted.

Other than that (having a virus, or migraine) I don't have low moods as such. I do feel rough when I haven't had a good night's sleep though! I'm sorry I can't help there but I do hope you are feeling better today - hopefully it is not hormonal....?

Take care.

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:13:51 AM »

Hello Hurdity.

Thank you so much for your kind response.

I still feel rough this morning with a heavy  head, sore ears and sore throat so it looks like the virus hasn't finished with me yet.  I also have a problem tooth so I need to get sorted.

I take your point that we can feel unwell for other reasons,  not everything is about hormones!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I wish you well.

K.

Jellyb

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:20:37 AM »

Hi Kathleen
Yes, I can sympathise.  I've had a whole weekend of feeling like this.  Tears are only moments away the whole time.
Right now, I'm sat in the office surrounded by people but I can feel my eyes welling up.  I'll have to go into the loo for a good sob and wait until my face calms down enough to come out.
I just feel really, really sad when these moods occur.  All I want is to curl up into a little ball and hide from the world.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »

Hello again ladies

Jellyb - I'm so sorry that you are suffering. Hopefully it is near the end of your working day now and you can go   home and relax.

Birdy - I also get the dreads etc with the low feelings and as you say it is truly awful.  Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you the lady that came off HRT and found that your symptoms settled after two years? I am without HRT atm and wondering how long to wait before I need to make a decision about the future.

I knew a woman who would take a bath every evening so that she could have a cry without her husband knowing about it. I had a different set of meno problems at the time and didn't really understand how she felt. Needless to say, I understand now.

Thank you again ladies, your comments mean so much and I wish you both well.

K.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 07:19:32 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Birdy  - Thanks for responding. I must have been thinking of another lady. Meno brain strikes again!

Take care.

K.