Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Punctured Tyre - Yet Again!  (Read 1984 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Punctured Tyre - Yet Again!
« on: February 23, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »

Hi all
I'll apologise now but I so need to rant!! God I'm so pissed off, I have yet another punctured tyre on my car this is the third one in a year & really feel my car is being targeted! Hopefully will be fixed on Monday but there goes my swim & food shopping, I know it sounds so petty but the one thing I really enjoy & look forward to on a Monday is a swim! Hubby has offered to take me food shopping tomorrow, but I hate going Sundays as it's so busy & it's too late for me to do an internet order! :steamed: :angryfire:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Punctured Tyre - Yet Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 06:07:43 PM »

Potholes?  Take a photo with a ruler to measure the depth.  Our Councils won't look at any unless they are a certain size  >:(

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »

Hi CKLD Unfortunately not pothole related as there is a bloody screw imbedded in the tyre!! With the number of potholes round us I'm surprised that has yet to be responsible!!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:25:21 PM »

my son cycles a lot and got two punctures last week.  One was from a huge piece of hawthorn as they had been hedge cutting around the country lanes and the sexond was a large, rusty nail.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »

Pennyfarthing it's so annoying, yes I've had a bike puncture from hawthorn on a pavement cycle way - I now avoid these type of cycle paths & use the road (if it's safe)