Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: The memory thing  (Read 2173 times)

Countrygirl

The memory thing
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »

I have read about people forgetting names and where you've put things as I do this all the time, but I've also noticed I can recall years ago in great detail, but ask what I said last night or did last week and I have to really sit and think about it and then it gradually comes back bit by bit almost like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle but always with a few pieces still missing at the end x

I guess I'm just wondering if that's just a normal part of it all and can stop worrying about yet another thing 😳 x

jaypo

Re: The memory thing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »

Yep,normal normal normal,just another one of the delights of menopause 😏
What's your name again?🤣

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 11:34:01 AM »

Yes, I think it's normal. Our heads are so full of wisdom now that sometimes there's not much room for anything else!

JP x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 11:59:02 AM »

Yes, I think it's normal. Our heads are so full of wisdom now that sometimes there's not much room for anything else!

JP x
😄

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:54:13 PM »

Yep,normal normal normal,just another one of the delights of menopause 😏
What's your name again?🤣

Not sure it's just menopause...my husband is the same..started in his early fifties.. ;D

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »

My husband too,forgets names etc,he's maybe having a phantom menopause 🤨

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 04:06:54 PM »

I have flash-backs which are really distressing, as I'm falling asleep.  I go 'oh!' ....... but am unable to talk to anyone.

Remembering what I did yesterday: that's a nope, usually  ::).  Names - who am I again  8)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »

Yeeaaahhhh, my OH does it too, he was that worried once he asked the doc for a brain scan.
Which came back ok, I think he was worried because his mom had just been diagnosed with vascular dementia. So it put his mind at rest, and mine too...
But I can remember things from years back, in detail like you say, but ask me the name of the person on tele...........no, can't do it....takes me 10mins to remember it....
I think a lot of it is meno, and the ageing process.
I really like what Joaniepat said....if we knew then, what we know now.......Mmmmm
Pause for thought, hey girls......🤔🤔🤔

marge

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »

Sounds very normal to me.  I can still remember my first day at school aged 5, but yesterday? No, gone!!

Karen max

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »

Hi
I'm the very same I can't remember anything at all if I don't write things down yet I remember this as far back from I was a child
I write notes to myself them I forget where I have put the notes 🙈

Hurry on to I get to meno clinic maybe il get an hrt that will help a little (wishful thinking )

Kaz

Shadyglade

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »

I now have a note book that everything goes into. 

Shopping lists, things to do, dates of holidays etc., row counting for my knitting.  No more bits of paper that get lost and if it's not in my note book it doesn't exist.  :)

Emerald2017

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »

I think that I remember only what I want to! My brain has its own wisdom and protects me from remembering negative things! 😂😂😂😂

Karen max

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »

Hi shadyglade
I bought a lovely little note pad few weeks ago got back from the shops put things away which I'd bought and yesssssss , I put my little note pad away now can't find it so will have to go buy another one
Really is annoying me I'm 51 4 yrs post menopause goodness only knows what il be like at 60 🙈

Menopause is such awful thing for some of us yet others don't get any trouble , I remember my grandma telling me she didn't know she had went through menopause only thing she had was her periods stopped
I didn't take after her clearly !!

Kaz x

Cazikins

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »

goodness only knows what il be like at 60 🙈

Let me enlighten you Karen max.... much the bl**dy same  ;D ;D.

I can honestly say that in the last 18 months I have just learnt to accept the fact that my memory is full up. So I store the really important stuff that needs to be remembered & forget the stuff that's not that important. That way it doesn't wind me up so much  ::) ::) Think I'm going a bit crackers to be honest.. ;)

Karen max

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 02:58:39 PM »

Hi  cazikins
I don't worry about it to be honest I try laugh it of !
My grown up children will laugh when I loss something they just know mums memory is awful !!

What does annoy me is when I'm on phone I'm getting confused when looking for words I'm trying to say ? If that makes sense ?
At minute I've stopped using hrt patches as the supine effects were driving me crazy , I'm now waiting on appointment from hrt clinic so I'm holding on the last string that maybe a new hrt can bring me back to a little more my old self , I'm 51 and honestly dread to see what I'm like at 60..
I'm post meno from 2014 and really thought things would be settling down by now but they look like theyr getting worse
I suffer greatly with anxiety which never had in my life until about 3 yrs back !!!

So can't get to hrt clinic fast enough but they seem to think it will be around April before I get my appointment

Holy moly I need to hang on tight until then

Kaz x