Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Confused - I need some advice please  (Read 1815 times)

Jules53

Confused - I need some advice please
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:19:19 AM »

Hi ladies

Sorry, it's me again.

I have been on Oestrodose and Utrogestan 100mg vaginally for 3 weeks since having to change from Femseven Conti and it is a real rollercoaster!

Before I started this regime I had been getting a feeling like I couldn't take a deep breath. I have had lots of checks with the doctor and they say my oxygen levels are fine and they can't find any reason for it. Ths doctor said it may be anxiety and has suggested I go back on antidepressants again.  I'm resisting her advice as I'm convinced it's hormonal and want to try and get on top of it with HRT.  I have been looking back at posts on here and it looks as if lots of ladies have had this symptom af some point, so is it a symptom of menopause?

Anyway, this symptom has come back full force since I have been on this. I  was on 2 pumps of the Oestrodose and thought I would try increasing it to 3 pumps yesterday. However, I was awake 3 times during the night having massive night sweats and I haven't had those for a few years! Separate to all of this, I have been having some acid reflux and sore pains in the top of my stomach some am having a scan an some blood tests for that.

I'm really confused as I'm not sure whether I need more or less Oestrogen and Progesterone.  Any advice would be welcome.  Also, any ladies who had the feeling of breathlessness, how long did it take to go away?

Thanks in advance

Jules x

Dotty

Re: Confused - I need some advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:27:26 AM »

https://d2931px9t312xa.cloudfront.net/menopausedoctor/files/information/207/Menopause%20Doctor%20Questionnaire%20Vs2%20.pdf

Have a look at this questionnaire .... one of the symptoms it states is breathing difficulties x

Jules53

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:30:31 AM »

Thanks Dotty. That's reassuring that it's on there but I'd love to know how to get rid of it xx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 08:34:04 AM »

The right dose and type of hrt got rid of mine x

Jules53

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 08:42:08 AM »

That's good to hear. Do you think I should persevere with 3 pumps if Oestrodose or stick to one or two? x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 08:45:50 AM »

I don't know , Jules 😢 . Everyone seems so different in what they need. I had to be on 4 pumps to make a difference and I'm still on 4 pumps. I started on 2 and quickly went to 3 and then went to 4 after a month. But I'd been on 2mg tablets for 4 months before that.

I was advised to stick to 2 pumps for 6 weeks but I just knew it wasn't enough . But , what suits me won't be the same for everyone.

Sorry I'm not being much help xx

Jules53

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »

No problem Dotty. I know it's a minefield! I will stick to 2 pumps this morning and 1 this evening as I did yesterday and see how I go.

Thanks for your replies again😘 xx

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HRT-Practical-Prescribing-AUG2018.pdf

Have a look at this....

Just realised that you were on Femseven Conti which is a medium dose patch and roughly equal to 2 pumps of gel. Therefore , I would say that you need at least 2 pumps of gel to be getting the same amount of oestrogen . You say that you were getting the breathing problems when you were on the patches which would suggest that you weren't getting enough oestrogen . The change from patches to gel can take a while to register in your body and your hot flushes and symptoms now could be due to not enough oestrogen. It can take 4-6 weeks to stabilise on any new hrt.

So my feeling is that you should stick to 3 pumps. But that's just my thoughts x

Jules53

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 09:03:12 AM »

Thanks so much Dotty, that's so helpful!

I'm not very clued up on the equivalent dosing. Will definitely stick with the 3 pumps and keep you posted😁xx

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 09:09:12 AM »

Jules.... just reading back through your posts, you say you've had a partial thyroidectomy.... do you take thyroxine?

Jules53

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »

No I don't take any thyroid medication as my thyroid was in range last time I had it checked. Had another test last Thursday so should get the results tomorrow xx

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 09:16:01 AM »

Ok.... I was reading about thyroxine and the fact that oestrogen can cause your thyroxine to drop x