Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estrogen Implant runs out after only 3 months  (Read 1269 times)

chickpea

Estrogen Implant runs out after only 3 months
« on: February 22, 2019, 08:46:05 PM »

Hi
I am looking for suggestions on alternative medical treatments to consider.
I had a May 15 TAH - BSO. Which was incredibly painful and took a long time for me to recover from. Op was done under NHS but at a private hospital in another county and I had no aftercare. The NHS clinic I was under started me with oestrogen gel for hrt. but despite 6 pumps a day, my blood tests showed low oestrogen. so then i went onto oestrogen implants, and then testosterone as well.
Then the NHS clinic was shut down, so i am now paying privately for oestrogen implants and i am not on the NHS radar at all. the oestrogen implants are meant to last 6 months, they cost a lot of money for me. they keep me well for about 3-4 months and then i am plunged back into surgical menopause with suicidal thoughts.
Sometimes my testosterone levels are ridiculously high, sometimes non-existent.
I have just had a lovely three months following the last implant. But now night sweats, teeth that feel like they are going to fall out from clenching, bloating, weight gain, sleeplessness are all flooding back.
I am so desperate to get off this rollercoaster.
Suggestions very welcome.

Hurdity

Re: Estrogen Implant runs out after only 3 months
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »

Hi chickpea- I don't think there are many implant users on here unfortunately which is why noone has been along to share their experiences. Can you go to the homepage of the forum to do a search - and then hopefully you will find some older threads?

If your symptoms return after 3 months are you able to ask for the implant to be replaced sooner, in your position, after surgical menopause? If you are on T implants then maybe try one of the gels in preference?

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Hurdity x

chickpea

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:27:24 AM »

Thanks for replying @hurdity.

I can't find anyone else on a similar course of treatment.  :(

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:28:20 AM »

Hi chickpea - go to the home page of the forum and type in "estradiol implant" or "oestrogen implant" and quite a few threads come up. I don't have time to look through them but you should be able to read of other members' experiences. I just did it and there were several threads. let us know if you find anything helpful.

Sorry you're not having much luck with this yet.

Hurdity x