Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: PMDD and Me Conference 2019  (Read 1474 times)

pepperminty

PMDD and Me Conference 2019
« on: February 22, 2019, 06:29:25 PM »

Hi ladies,

Please see link below, The first UK conference for women/those assigned female at birth (AFAB) suffering with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) is coming to Bournemouth this April.

Several key note speakers in Bournemouth including Prof Studd.

and-

Laura Murphy – Making PMDD Visible
Laura runs the social media UK PMDD Support group and is co-founder of Vicious Cycle: Making PMDD Visible project. She suffered with PMDD for 17 years before diagnosis and is underwent a

hysterectomy in October 2017. Laura will take us on a journey over the history of PMDD, how the Vicious Cycle project started, and how everyone can become involved in PMDD awareness.

Bio: Laura is a Board Member for IAPMD & Founder of Vicious Cycle: Making PMDD Visible.

Vicious Cycle is a grass-roots project, passionate about raising the standards of care for sufferers of PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder) and extreme PMS.

Vicious Cycle aims to raise awareness of PMDD among healthcare professionals and the general public, and to arm sufferers with the knowledge and tools they need to get treatment and support. Website: https://viciouscyclepmdd.wordpress.com/

Apparently all physical ticket are sold out but you can get live streaming tickets.

https://pmddandme.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR2R4uFIiAIkhrp0EmUThJOvHmUQidixy3KKR_fw1JHhFTcR62mBVOgrek0

Peppermintyx

Hurdity

Re: PMDD and Me Conference 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:35:00 AM »

Interesting pepperminty - thanks for posting.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »

Thanks Hurdity,

you never know whether things may be of interest to some one.

Peppermintyx

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:52:37 PM »

Pepperminty that is really good news. I had a hysterectomy due to PMDD in Dec 2016 having suffered for 25 odd years - it never got picked up & I had no idea just thought it was normal!!

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 08:07:21 AM »

Hi Yorkshire Girl,

Glad you got a diagnosis x 25 years - blimmey  :o

PMX

Mazza27

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 10:12:47 AM »

Hi pepperminty,

I have just read from your link and the interview with john studd present. He said ‘you have to listen to the woman'.

That's exactly what i said to a consultant who listened and asked me questions, and he then said only option for you is full hysterectomy!
I was so happy, i kept telling my husband i feel like my ovaries are poisoning me. All other consulatants were trying to find out what my pain was and gps trying to give me ads for my moods.

5 years i have battled with bad symptoms and looking back have always suffered but has got severe since hitting 40.

I am waiting for my date

Thanks for sharing, I don't know your story but if anything like me good luck

Mazza x

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:14:45 AM by Mazza27 »

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 06:49:51 PM »

Hi Mazza,

Thanks , I wish you well. I try to post bits and bobs now and again that may be useful to someone.

PMX