Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Everol sequi  (Read 892 times)

Jools1x

Everol sequi
« on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:19 AM »

Hi I have been taking everol sequi patches for 5 weeks now and have not noticed any difference, I still have all the symptoms I had before starting her, I had my monthly checkup at the doctors but he said to carry on taking them for another month then he will review the situation, has anyone else had same problem as I have read on a couple of forums that ladies saw results within two weeks?

friend of lhasa apso

Re: Everol sequi
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 09:49:38 AM »

Hi there ,I've taken fem7 patches and now on evorel sequi .I didn't feel any different at first;the docs usually say to try for 3 months but it could take longer before you feel a difference .
     Also you may have side effects at first but these do settle down after a while .
   At the moment I've a bloated tummy ,heavy legs and can't get wedding ring off due to water retention bit only been taking for a month .

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »

The advice is to give any new hrt 3 months before changing dose and type.  For some ladies the effect is immediate, but most begin to see changes by 3 months x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »

Hi Jools1x

:welcomemm:

I agree with Dotty - you need to give them time.

However what symptoms are you wanting to relieve and where are you in menopause - cycle/period frequency/flow  etc and how old are you?

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 09:25:15 PM »

Some symptoms seem to take longer than others. Flushes can go in a couple of weeks but my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months. What are your symptoms?

Foxylady

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 06:38:22 PM »

Hi Jools1x,
I started Everol sequi 50 patches just over 8 weeks ago now. I couldn't say I have felt any improvement so far, the improvement I have had was so early on I am putting it down to the Fluoxetine I started 2 weeks before the HRT. From everything I have read about HRT I am not expecting any great improvement until the 3/4 month mark. Of course the dose could be reevaluated after this time if no improvement or to try another form of HRT, possibly.

Jools1x

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 08:51:35 PM »

Thank you for your replies, I am 52 and peri menopausal so my periods are still fairly regular can go two weeks or 6 weeks between periods just varies, my main symptom that bothers me most is the tiredness and lethargy followed by forgetfullness, and hot sweats, will wait till the three months are up then go back to docs for a review x

Sandbetts

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »

I've been on everol sequi since nov18 and I can't say I've felt great.  I'm 49 and been postmenopausal since Jan 2015. I started HRT to see if it helped with anxiety, low mood, sleep and vaginal dryness. It's helped with the dryness, however, I don't think my body likes the 2nd week on combined patch and 1st week on everol 50  :'( I thought the bleed would be light and that it would start week 4 or week 1 but the last 2 months I've started bleeding on day 21 and it continues through week one of single patch. I went through 12 towels one day as so heavy.  It this normal or an I needing to change something or try different method of HRT?

Jools1x

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »

Yes I had the same problem with the heavy bleeding it poured from me like a tap unexpectedly, just thankful I was at home at the time and carried on for few days after, I've never experienced bleeding so heavy before, this was my first bleed since taking the HRT, I'm gonna give it another two months then decide whether to carry on or not as at this point in time I feel worse not better, the hot sweats and lethargy are worse!

Sandbetts

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 08:15:12 PM »

Jools1x I too will give it one more month and if no change then back to the Drs to see what's what.  The last time I bled that heavy was going through peri-menopause and even at that it was only every few months b4 the bleeding eventually tailed of for good and I reached full menopause.