Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Urgently searching for long time runners - anyone doing 40-50m a week?  (Read 514 times)

Sickntired

My approx mileage is 45 miles a week, was mostly a hobby, few half marathons . I live in Perthshire , lot of hills which always managed to varying degrees- no fell runner but i enjoy trail.   If doing more mileage with partner had gotten to 9.5 min miles - i know not fast.  Latterly feel like no muscle strength at times.   Longest distance was 1/2 ,then decided to do local marathon so started on training plan which was slowly working,  got to 22 and legs tired but was on course , had 2 months to go, then strained abductors ade me realise not cross training . My leg would tire and could hardly lift it.  I went back to swimming which i still do and has helped , with some cycling.  Fine , did less running so knew id have to play catch up,  a month later friend encouraged me to do local marathon- i had a month and that included taper week.  All was fine but during that i changed HRT and now i find muscles knotted, tired as if made of wood at 20 ,  i used to need the odd rest day but niw its as if not recovering.  I was meant to do 22 sun but 20 was enough- legs like bricks , didnt run mon but swam to loosen muscles,  ran 6 tues , bit hard but ok, 4 on wed night could barely get up hills and lift my feet .  Today was 10 ...same with hills,  yet again barely lift feet, no strength , muscles tired as if dragging cannonballs.  I had protien shake sun after run .  Dont know what else to do.  Doctor has mentioned adding testosterone gel (although i dont talk running with her as her advice was just stick to 6 miles so i dint see her giving much sympathy for struggling with marathon training!)  I have barely 2 weeks left to even add that 2 miles but its getting harder , i just dont know why ?
Anyone with any similar experience?