Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Everol Sequi patches stopped working?  (Read 1267 times)

Viola13

Everol Sequi patches stopped working?
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »

Hi

I am new to the forum. I have searched the net to try and get some advice so appreciate any help.
I am on HRT patches (I am 44) and they worked great for the first 2 months. Month 3 wasn't that good as my symptoms seemed to be creeping back. I discussed with my Dr and she advised to take another 3 months to see if it settled down. I am now on week 3 of month 4  and the symptoms I had before the HRT are returning and they do not seem to be working like they did at first. Also, the first 3 months, I had a period the day after patch 7 (which is what the leaflet says, during week 4) but this month it came the day after I applied patch 5 (the first of the combi one). I am concerned as I doubt I will have another bleed at the correct time and am not sure what to do, do I continue with the patches as normal? I can't see my GP for just over a week. Has this happened to anyone else.

Thank you

Dancing Queen

Re: Everol Sequi patches stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »

Hi,
I`ve just gone onto Evorel Sequi from the discontinued femseven, fortunately they are working well for me so I can`t help with your symptoms. But I can say i haven`t had regular bleeds in the time I`ve been on HRT , they have just carried on irregularly as they were before. The Dr didn`t seem concerned when I told her, as long as you are  having a bleed I would say just carry on with the sequence as normal. Hope things settle down soon x

Viola13

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »

Thank you. I just thought it was weird as the first 3 months were really regular. x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »

Hi Viola14

:welcomemm:

If you are peri-menopausal then your cycle can be variable - it is not completely controlled by HRT so sometimes gets out of sync especially if you are in early menopause. It doesn't matter (apart from incovnenience maybe?) if you don't have a bleed at the "correct" time but if it continues to be regularly out of sync you could try to sync it back again by counting the first day of your bleed as Day 1 and use oestrogen only patches ie start a new pack? It could mean you don't get enough prog one month - although if the early bleed is due to ovuvlation then you will be producing your own progesterone.

There is an article on peri-menopause which you might find interesting:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hurdity x

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »

Hi ,I'm new too  :) I'm not an expert but because you're only 44 maybe you need a higher dose of patches? Are you in natural perimenopause or have you had a hysterectomy? As this could make big difference.
                  It's frustrating isn't it because gps aren't experts on this and it's all a bit  hitty /missy getting the right hrt that suits.In an ideal world there would be menopause clinics and help groups available . Where I live in the north there seems to be very little.
                    It's great we have this forum though and Dr Curries website to keep us sane ! There wasn't anything for my mum when she was going through it in the 80s and she had terrible hot flushes ;she took up bowling to get her through but didn't talk about it much or have hrt . :'(

Viola13

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »

Hi

Thanks for that. It is a natural peri and after taking the patches for the initial 2 months I thought they were magic. I felt good, my hair wasn't dull, no, no sore boobs and I didn't feel like I was dragging myself round all the time. My usual GP isn't back until 12/3 so I did see another one last week just to check and see if bleeding so early in the pack was normal and if |I needed the dose increasing but he said he didn't want to step on her toes so I would have to see her. I understand but it's another 3 weeks of feeling like this. The last few days have been bad for getting upset at absolutely nothing!

I am grateful for this forum as I can't see much up here in the north either. :(

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 08:59:19 AM »

Hang in there Viola13! Hope you feel better soon.....

Hurdity x

Sandbetts

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »

I started on HRT everol sequi in November 18.I'm 49 and last natural bleed was when I was almost 46. I went on HRT in the hope it would help with anxiety and low mood and also for help sleeping. First 2 months on it I had no bleed and took one on 3rd month.  I can't say I've been great at all on them as terrible anxiety on week 4 of combined patch and into week 1 of estrogen only patch. My other concern is that I appear to bleed on day 21/22 (wk 3)of patches and I dont know if this is correct as most things I've read say you'll have bleed towards end of week 4 and start of week 1. I put on patch no 7 yesterday*start of wk 4) and started bleeding by evening. I still have one patch left (no.8). Same happened last month and also last month I was still bleeding in week 1 of new patch/cycle. In total I bled last month for 16 days.  Should I be looking to try a different type of HRT? Any help appreciated