Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Starting HRT  (Read 660 times)

Krn11

Starting HRT
« on: March 02, 2019, 08:46:10 AM »

Hi
Been on HRT(Sandrena Gel and Utrogestan) just over 3 weeks now-I know it can take a good few weeks for all the benefits to kick in but is it 'normal to feel worse to start with.
Aches and pains are worse, suffering terrible stomach gurgling and just generally feeling more lethargic and down(if that is possible!!) than before I started it.
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Starting HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »

Hi there Krn11

:welcomemm: if I haven't welcomed you already!

Utrogestan taken orally can cause digestive problems in some women - I've never taken it this way. Also some women feel these symptoms when taking progesterone cotninuously which i presume you are doing? It has a sedative effect - more so in some women than others. The alternative is to take it vaginally but this is generally not acceptable to most women on a continuouis basis - so many of us who take it this way do it cyclically - which avoids the side effects of continuous prog but unfortunately means you have to put up with a withdrawal bleed. What dose of Sandrena are you on and were you taking anything before? Yes it will take a while for your body to adjust!

Hurdity x