Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Just Saying Hi  (Read 1668 times)

oldgirlsrule

• First Flush
Just Saying Hi
« on: February 21, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but have read some great things so far. I am 53 and post meno (so i'm told). I was using the depo-provera contraceptive injection for 18 years (yes, 18) until the age of 49 then 2 years on a mini pill so had no idea when menopause started. Since using hormonal contraception i have suffered from debilitating migraines & spent my whole life trying to find a solution but did not realise a link. At age 51 i started to use Evorel Conti patches as a bone density scan revealed osteopenia & by now i was having mild night sweats. The migraines got much worse which i assume was the progesterone but i continued for 21 months until last December when they were so bad i was unable to work due to them. Within about 6 weeks of stopping hrt, the migraines had massively improved. The down side was the insomnia, overactive bladder and vaginal atrophy symptoms. I am currently on the loading dose of Vagifem which is going ok after hesitation about recurring headaches but so far so good. Oh, and just for good measure a couple of weeks ago i developed my very first haemorrhoid. Hope it's ok to use a pessary in one orifice & a suppository in another at the same time! Feel free to enlighten me if its not lol x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just Saying Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »

:o - you feel really bunged up then  ::)

:welcomemm:  browse round, make notes  ;)

Migraines are the PITS  >:( .........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:41:08 PM »

Hi Oldgirlsrule....

Sorry to hear about the migraines, I suffer them too occasionally, they're really debilitating.

Welcome to the mad house....😁 post away, there's always someone on to answer your questions.....
Oh, I can't see any reason why you can't use both, but I'm no expert, but that's only happening while you're loading up on vagifem, right? Then you won't be doing both at the same time after, will you?  Still, I can't see a problem, poor you....keep us updated, we're a nosey bunch, and love to help if we can...xxxx

oldgirlsrule

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »

Thanks. Yes I'm still on first week of loading of Vagifem so can't really wait another week or so to deal with this flipping haemorroid. If it's not the head end hurting it the other end. It never rains eh?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 12:32:12 PM »

Yep.  As long as you don't begin to waddle  ;) ........ could you put one in earlier in the evening, feet up, cuppa to hand?

oldgirlsrule

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »

Yes that's good thinking CLDK. Try & spread them out a bit. This bad boy is gonna need a morning & evening dose for a few days though lol! You gotta try & keep a sense of humour eh. What with the worsened hair loss since stopping hrt, insomnia and overactive bladder (hence the vagifem, which does seem to be helping some already) i have to say i feel pretty miserable about so many "minor" problems cropping up one after the other. And that is by no means the full list, just the tip of the iceberg. My 83 year old mother is fitter than me, sigh x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »

This too will pass.  It might take years  :o - do you keep a food/mood/symptom diary and do you make lists? 

oldgirlsrule

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »

Tbh i keep a sort of diary but it's mainly a migraine diary. I record whether its a migraine day or a migraine free day and what i may have eaten if anything out of the ordinary but of course that doesn't always help as it can take days rather than hours for food to have an effect on migraines. I'm very careful with my diet anyway. Rich in fibre, fruit & veg. Didn't stop me getting the heamorroid though did it! Mood-wise, i don't really need a diary for that - it's pretty low all the time. Probably exacerbated by one ailment popping up after another no matter how small. I am hopeful the migraines will continue to improve now that the systemic hrt has been removed but annoyed with myself and also every health professional i've consulted over the last 30 years that no hormonal connection was made. Oh and i'm self employed and work with my OH so that's another reason to have a low mood & lots of migraines in itself isn't it lol x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »

HORMONES  >:(