Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Patches - strength/continuity of dose? Possibly allergy?  (Read 1011 times)

Katymac

Patches - strength/continuity of dose? Possibly allergy?
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »

I'm on Evoral Sequi (probably should be on a different one but anyway...)

The first night I put it on, my mood improves, my diet improves, my sleep is miraculous
The second night I'm not as good
The third I am a mess - insomnia, mainlining carbs, actually growling

Then back to the beginning again - so would any other tyrpe of HRT be better for a more continuous dose? As I feel it all goes straight away and then there is none left

Plus where the little red numbers/letters are on the patch leaves a series of tiny red bruises - not enough to do anything about but does anyone else get this?

friend of lhasa apso

Re: Patches - strength/continuity of dose? Possibly allergy?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:37:05 PM »

Hi katymac ! I've had soreness itchiness and red marks with fem7 patches but put up with it because my meno symptoms settled on it and felt better .Maybe you need to try them for a bit longer 3 months or more to get into your system and help symptoms or try different patch ?Hope this is helpful .Good luck !x

Katymac

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:54:38 PM »

thanks I I guess I have to wait longer...

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »

The amount of oestrogen in the patch is designed to give maximum dose at first but then declines very slowly over the course of a week. Evorel patches are changed every 3.5 days so should be before the oestrogen "runs out". If you feel this is not sufficient to control your sympotoms after settling in time then maybe consider a change to patches with separate progestogen - so that you could increase the patch dose if necessary which is not possible with Evorel sequi?

Hurdity x

Katymac

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, last night I was up until 4 with insomnia

I wasn't due to change my patch until this evening but I slapped a new one on and was asleep within 20 mins

I have no idea if that was auto-suggestion or placebo or what - but I am so grateful for some sleep

& I guess I need to look at strounger/different HRT (but I think I'd worked out Evoral Sequi wasn't right for me anyway)

Hvenab

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »

I was on evorel sequi everyone going well till day 8 and too a nose dive with headaches. Gp too me off them and offered progesterone pill only. Not satisfied as want to try something different. I wonder if I had to much estrogen. No one really explains