Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do Kalms work?  (Read 3460 times)

Jeepers

Do Kalms work?
« on: February 20, 2019, 12:13:42 PM »

I'm struggling so much at the moment.  :'(  Does anyone have a positive story for the use of Kalms please?  I really need something to take

Thank you

Jeepers

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Do Kalms work?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »

They didn't work for me.  Nor did Valerian etc..  A short course of sleeping tablets really helped.  I was allowed 5  ::).  Can't remember what or the dosage.  Took them for 3 nights to get some sleep then as necessary.  I didn't need the other 2 for weeks!  4 me it was breaking the habit of not being able to get off to sleep.

Also when my body needs sleep, it takes it.  I could sleep on a clothes line  ::) and it rarely impacts on my night time slumbers.  Lack of sleep is used as a torture method so we really do need it.

Have you tried relaxation?  Flexing the toes muscles, holding, then relaxing.  All the way up the body.  It focuses the mind ;-)

Tc

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:13:16 PM »

Jeepers. Sorry to hear you're strugelling.
My doc won't prescribe sleeping tablets for longer than a week either he said it's the standard now. But..

He did prescribe phenegran. It's an anti histamine/travel sickness pill.
He prescribed 50mg at night. It's more than the standard dose for hayfever/travel sick but it is sometimes used in that dose the night  before surgery I guess what they used to call a pre med

I have tried not to take it but the couple of times I have when I got realy desperate it has helped me to sleep.

I'm over  conscious of not coming to rely on it tho so have reserved it for when things are realy bad and I haven't slept for several nights in a row and feel "wired"

Im not recommending you  take it. I'm only saying it worked for me, although I haven't taken it on a sustained basis

I'm not a doc and I don't know your health issues and what other meds you are on. I got it on scrip but It is an over the counter drug and many people can't take all sorts of OTC drugs for various reasons so if you want to consider it please please check with your doc first re your health situation and interactions with other drugs you are taking.
 Also if you do take it try 25mg first and see how you get on. We all react differently.25mg does nothing for me but it might knock somebody else out.

I know you wanted to hear positive stories about kalms but sorry to say I didn't find them helpful. Maybe someone will be along with a more positive experience.
Good luck.

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:12:32 PM »

Try Puriton. An older type antihistamines with sedative affect.

Works for me. 😊

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:36:20 PM »

There are ones behind the counter but you have to ask for them

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 10:07:37 PM »

Cetirizine antihistamine makes you sleep too...
Too much for me...xxx