Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vagifem....symptoms worse  (Read 5779 times)

Mrs Bennet

Re: Vagifem....symptoms worse
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »

Oh my word Birdy i can so relate.....sitting is dreadful......standing or on the sofa with legs raised is sort of ok ......the fact that all is good for you now really does give me some hope.....i really am pinning all hope on the doctor coming up with some answers next week 🤞......going back to your comment re the GUM clinic a daft question....but what do you say to them when making an appointment 😳 xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »

Hurdity i have sort of decided to ask doctor about cream instead of the pesseries just to see if it may suit me better......as the irritation
and pressure is pretty bad 😩 xx

Sarai

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 09:05:07 PM »

I've just posted on the burning club thread.
I'm really struggling, post 2 operations in 2 days. Thrush from antibiotics, treated but now extreme soreness is back after 2 weeks. Added frequency too. Using caneston and vagisil.
I'm on low dose HRT but concerned adding in vagifem spotting may come back. I can't face hysteroscopy again.
I've an appointment with the GP who does hormones in 2 weeks, but oh my she's 29!
Any ideas please

jennywren

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59:30 PM »

Does anyone have problem with night sweats and having to pee at least 8 times a night?

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 08:11:22 AM »

Thank you so much Birdy 🤗 if doctor doesn't help i will pluck up the courage and phone the Gum clinic....just want to feel ok.....jennywren although i have feeling of needing to pee constantly i am not up in the night but i am sure one of the other ladies will be along soon to help xx

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »

Does anyone have problem with night sweats and having to pee at least 8 times a night?

Hi jennywren. Welcome! Night sweats and frequent urination are common leading up to menopause. If you tell us a bit more about yourself we will be able to give advice and share our own experiences. You could also post on the new members thread where more members will notice your query.

Taz X  :welcomemm:

Katejo

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 09:46:02 AM »

I only need to pee that often if I have a UTI/cystitis (or when I got an adverse reaction to Estriol cream). I often have to get up once or sometimes twice but that has improved a bit with using Vagifem. I have never had much trouble with night sweats. Mine are only occasional and very mild.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 12:29:00 PM »

? take pain relief until you have spoken to a GP/Practice Nurse MrsB ?

suzysunday

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »

Birdy, you said you have zero symptoms now which I find really encouraging. Is that from using local hrt alone, and how long has it taken to get to this point?  Like Mrs. Bennett I am struggling.

Dierdre

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 02:33:28 PM »

I was the same Birdy, I used to sit on a medical doughnut at work! It's not a quick fix but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

suzysunday

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 06:32:52 PM »

Ok thanks birdy.  Mrs Bennett , hope you are not too bad today.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 10:29:52 PM »

Still the same Suzysunday 😔......I haven't used a Vagifem pessery since last Sunday not quite so burny down there but no vast improvement still feel like a constant bladder niggle ......not up in the night though so one positive.......don't know whether I mentioned on one of my posts that when Vagifem was prescribed 6 weeks or so ago the doctor said i had a slight anterior prolapse 😳......xx

Maryjane

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 06:15:15 AM »

Mrs B a vast majority of ladies have small prolapses, child birth wether vaginally or c-section then lack of oestrogen with menopause & the pelvic floor can really suffer.

Why I'm on HRT & vagifem mostly for the pelvic floor & VA.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 10:55:31 AM »

Mrs B : Ask your GP for Ovestin delivered differently via an applicator.  Gets rid of fillers and coatings ;-) and do take pain relief.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »

Maryjane had 2 vaginal births and was not so good at doing the pelvic floor exercises after ......really wish i had now......i am now suffering horrendous constipation which really is not helping at all 😩......Clkd i will ask the doctor for ovestin and see if that suits me better......having said that i did relent and used a Vagifem pessary last night after leaving a week gap was thinking maybe 2 a week maybe too much for me also i have started using hydromol to wash my bits to see if i can calm things down a tad xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3