Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Episodes of anxiety normal?  (Read 1016 times)

ladylollipop

Episodes of anxiety normal?
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:25:55 PM »

Hello everybody, haven't been here for a while. So sorry! Since last August I take HRT ( Fem7 patches) and a low dose of venlafaxine, because my biggest problem was the anxiety.  It helped but sometimes I still have episodes of anxiety. Is this normal? Does anybody else here experience this?

Best wishes
Lady Lollipop

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Episodes of anxiety normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:31:16 PM »

How much does the anxiety interfere with daily living?  Although I know that anxiety is 'normal' as well as essential, if it lasts for too long I get edgy.  This morning my body was hungry, I hadn't kept my energy levels up whilst gardening on Sunday and suffered today  :-\.  4 me it's about planning ahead!

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 10:16:49 PM »

Hi there! I'm new to the forum,
I know where you're coming from with the anxiety feelings;I've suffered from it for most of my life,got worse as a teenager but improved with counselling .
      The perimenopause seems to be slightly different though as you can wake up in morning feeling anxious for no particular reason ,and I've read that it's caused by adrenaline surges due to hormone imbalance .They're not pleasant but seems to be quite a common symptom .I take citalopram 40mg which I've been on for 10 years which has helped me ;I'm hoping these are keeping flushes at bay. Learning deep breathing techniques & meditation can help ,also sometimes distracting yourself e.g calling a friend or watching TV. Hope you feel better soon. xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:30:37 PM »

Hi Ladies.
Yes it is a symptom.
Sometimes comes out of the blue, for apparent reason.
Fluctuations in hormones , too low or too high, getting a balance right seems to be THE thing to get right......if only we could....
Distraction does work for me, if only for a short period....xx
Welcome to the forum xxx