Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Any advice please  (Read 2489 times)

Karen max

Any advice please
« on: February 17, 2019, 05:08:19 PM »

Hi just me again
Wondering if anyone can offer any advice
Every 3weeks my skin at each side of my nose and around my eyebrows is going very red skin is flaking and it's sore
I have used loads of different creams even ones from the doctor but heals up after about 5 days then back again 3 weeks later !!!

I'm post menopause 4 yrs and at minute on no hrt waiting on appointment for menopause clinic could this be due to lack of a certain hormone??

Kaz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »

What creams have you used?  E45 is supposedly good as is Sudafed.  Or good old Savlon.  Did you have spots in that area as a teen?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »

I find a good night time moisturiser helps,they're usually nice and rich 😊

Karen max

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 06:37:27 PM »

Hi

I've had used that many I've forgot all the names from ones costing £2 to Ines costing £30 nine helped at all it feels as soon as I put the cream on it soaks in right away and nose feels so dry soon after , my doc have give me loads of different Ines over last 2 yrs with out any luck using them either , I find it runs in a pattern of around every 3 weeks last 5/6 days then clears up so I really think it's related to hormones of lack if them should I say !!

It becomes so sore and raw it's bleeding under my nose my eyebrows are more itchy definitely not as sore as nose area

Kaz x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »

I suffer eczema, in the same places you have a problem.
In the sides of my nose, and just above my eyebrows.. (two small spaces )
If left, they itch and flake, and have bled in the past.
I use Betnovate scalp application on them, just on a cotton bud, then when that's soaked in use moisturiser over the top. ( I also have it on my scalp, and behind ears, although that's not so bad anymore) doc said I could use it on my face, occasionally because used too much can thin the skin....I've used it for years now, doesn't cure it, but gets rid of it for a while until the next flair up........

I also found e-45 cream made it worse....🤷‍♀️  Xx

I think things like hairspray and perfume , if they touch my skin breaks it out too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 07:34:32 PM by jillydoll »

AgathaC

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:13:49 PM »

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. Make sure you get the face one! Get it on Amazon. £10-£15. Google it and I think you'll see it will sort your problem.
Or (more expensive) Elemis face creams and oils. They are the best but not cheap xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Karen max

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »

I will have look now on amazon for the cream and give it a try !

I'm sure it's related to menopause as it seems to happen every 3 weeks flares up for a while then goes away !!
I'd never end problems with dry skin before but have noticed my whole body is really dry but just not as bad as nose and eyebrows..
 My scalp is really dry to to be honest I have stopped wearing dark coloured tops and coats as it looks like a snow storm on myi have also noticed when skin flares up like this the hit flushes are more often and more intense

I'm hoping if I get onto right hrt this might help my skin fingers crossed anyway !!

Thanks for your replies you lovely folk

Kaz x

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 04:21:56 PM »

Hello Karen max.

I wonder if you have some type of psoriasis although I don't know if that can be cyclical.

I recently decided to tackle the dry skin on the heels of my feet so I bought some Lanolin cream to try.  It is sold in the baby care section of Boots and is used by lactating women to treat cracked nipples. It's not particularly cheap and is very thick and sticky. I've been applying it twice daily for about a month and my rough skin is now lovely and soft. It may be too heavy to use on your face during the day or under make up but a night time routine might do the trick?

Wishing you well.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

My daughter gets it in exactly the same places,corners of nose and under eyebrows,she reckons hers is hormones though,as it goes as quickly as it appears

Karen max

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »

Hi
Thanks Kathleen I will definitely give it a go , night time yes suits me better thanks again

Jwypo mine us same I can feel area getting almost like tight feeling then next morning I wake up to roaring red cracked skin around nose eyebrows it lasts around 5 days then leaves that's is why I was linking it to menopause tho I am 4 yrs post menopause

I had no trouble with my skin in my life not eventhe odd spot each month but that was it

I'm waiting on appointment for hrt clinic so definitely going to ask if there could be a connection

Joys of aging isn't good 😊 wish it would hurry itself along and leave me feeling bit better than I do bloody menopause is awful

Kaz x

OddPomme

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »

Hi

I suffered from bad eczema around my eyes for years.  A while ago I was going through a really tough time at work and my skin was suffering so badly.  It was horrific, my eyelids were swollen and sore and the skin on my face was red and flaky.  My GP tried all sorts of things but in the end told that there was nothing more she could do and I would just have to "learn to live with it".  In the end I was so desperate (and so angry with my GP) that I dipped into my savings and booked a private appointment with a dermatologist.  She was amazing.  She gave me a private prescription for something called "Protopic cream".  It was a miracle cure!  Within days everything started to clear up AND it has never come back as bad since.  I put another friend onto it who was having terrible problems with eczema on her hands.  She managed to persuade her GP to prescribe it and it worked like a miracle for her too.  Apparently it has been around for years, but most GP's have forgotten about it.  It might be worth discussing if nothing else is working.

Karen max

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 08:26:27 PM »

Hi
Thanks for reply
My youngest daughter suffers eczema when he was younger
This I get around my noses and eyebrows looks nothing like eczema it's red nit itchy just red flaky abd very very dry, my scalp is the flakey too to the point where I don't wear dark coloured tops and my shoulders look like a snow storm
It's now gone away again from my nose and eyebrows fir another few weeks then it will be back that's why I'm wondering if it's hormone related

It's really driving me crazy I'm hoping when I get to meno clinic they can maybe tell me if it's related