Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Green lipped mussel  (Read 9234 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Green lipped mussel
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »

Despite DH being a fisherman  ???  :lol:

Shadyglade

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »

Did you try GLM Jeepers, and if so was it any good?

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »

'extract'  :-\ - synthesised?  I wouldn't want to be the person squeezing the mussels  ;)

Shadyglade

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 08:54:44 AM »

That's interesting Birdy. 

My husband get arthritic pain in his fingers, from time to time.  Perhaps I will get him some.

Thank you

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 11:27:14 AM »

Aloe vera is apparently useful, but apparently the taste is vile  :-X

Jeepers

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »

Did you try GLM Jeepers, and if so was it any good?

no, not yet, but the last few posts have inspired me to do so, so thanks all :-)

Nannyneet

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 10:29:15 PM »

I know this is an oldish post but for those of you suffering joint pain I can vouch for Green Lipped Mussels,I use a gel on my joints called Pernaton Gel,it contains Green Lipped Mussel and works brilliantly on the pain I have from Fibromyalgia,my mum also uses it for her arthritis pain and it helps with that too

Shadyglade

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 07:21:27 AM »

That's interesting. I tend to prefer things that are applied rather than taken. I'll do a Google.  Thanks.

JaneinPen

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 07:44:29 AM »

That's interesting. I tend to prefer things that are applied rather than taken. I'll do a Google.  Thanks.
me too Shadyglade

Nannyneet

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »

It's available online and in H&B stores, it's also got a cooling ingredient in it so if your joints are feeling hot it cools them down,I also use a tiny bit on my forehead if I get a headache,you have to be careful not to put too much on you head though because the menthol smell makes your eyes water,I used some at work last week and everyone thought I was crying 😀

Jeepers

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 02:32:49 PM »

Hi all

I kmow this is an old thread, but just wanted to give a bit of an update.

I have been taking green lipped mussel for a little while now, and I do seem to feel better.  My left hip sometimes aches so much I can't sleep, it also radiates down left leg into ankle,  and I seem to do a lot better now I am taking this supplement.  I  think maybe it is arthritis, or sciatica rather than generalised menopausal joint ache. My Dr offered for my to get an X-Ray, but I haven't had the courage to go.  As there is no cure for Arthritis anyway, there seems little point.  I've already had 2 Xrays in the last 12 months (a mammogram and a chest xray), the thought of exposing myself to radiation again is not appealing.

I have been taking tablets, but I may switch to transdermal next time. 

Sparrow

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 02:43:02 PM »

Hi Jeepers,

If it is sciatica you would benifit from some physiotherapy. It certainly sorted mine out.

Your doctor can refer but as it will probably take forever, perhaps go private.  This is what I did and the initial assessment of six sessions was reduced to four as the problem was sorted.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »

Jeepers - U use a computer and watch TV?

There is little radiation from mammograms etc., I had one every 6 months after surgery and then annually for 5 years. Still here ;-).  Yet you fill yourself with HRT  :-\

Also arthritis can be managed - MRI or Pelvis X-ray can determine how much damage is done to the joints.  Which will decide which medication to use.  Why suffer pain  :-\

Jeepers

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2019, 04:24:58 PM »

Hi ckld

I have a constant inner battle with the hrt , I often panic about taking it, and have many intrusive and nightmarish thoughts about filing myself with it.

I struggle with many things, without a doubt.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »

Little steps.  My psychologist often asked 'what's the worst that could happen'  ::) and inreality.  However.
Pages: 1 [2] 3