Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Road rage  (Read 4562 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Road rage
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »

We get a lot of Sunday drivers and a few years ago Mum went on a journey .  The wife of the driver told him to drive straight over the roundabout so he did  :o ......... he never looked left or right, didn't realise that there might have been other vehicles to avoid!! she never travelled with them again.  She said that he looked straight ahead whilst the wife gave instructions  :bang:

Krystal

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 07:42:54 PM »

Where I live (new build development) the roads have been designed to slow drivers down, the measures include narrow roads, deliberately blind bends and corners, and road humps. Does this slow anyone down - you have guessed it NO. Cars are parked everywhere although every house has at least two car parking spaces. The biggest offenders are the under 40 year olds in their BMWs and Audis for the men and large four wheel drives for the women. These vehicles are driven with such force and aggression it is unbelievable to see. Oh and yes the majority have their little ones strapped in the back. It makes me think that some cannot distinguish between driving a car to playing on their Xbox. Don't get me started on the school run. we have a new primary school which at the moment has foundation and year 1 only. Some parents walk but the rest race to school in the morning stop at the designated pick up/drop off point chuck the kids out of the car, wait whist the children get through the school gate and then zoom off round the corner on two wheels. There are no permanent school warning signs and the local councillor is trying to remedy this. A little courtesy on our roads goes a long way. Indicators are just that to tell people where you intend to go. Speed humps are intended to slow you down not to challenge your driving ability as to how fast you can go over them. Speed limits are there for a reason and yes it is dangerous to drive too slowly on major roads which have designated speeds. Sorry for the length of this but some drivers today are simply selfish and ignorant. A car is a dangerous machine not something to be flung around the road without due regard. ???

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 07:47:06 PM »

Ignorant but if questioned they would be the 1st to retort that they don't break the Law !  >:(

JaneinPen

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »

Well said Krystal

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 07:51:37 PM »

Well said Krystal,unfortunately life now goes at a much faster pace,it's all go go go but it really does just come down to selfishness,these people have no regard for anyone else,on the motorway,this idiot pulled right out in front of us,going screw you,when he EVENTUALLY pulled back in,my husband gave him a “look” but that's all,and this guy gave him the finger,omg,what a sad world it will be
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:53:32 PM by jaypo »

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 07:43:28 AM »

Years back, when my children were training cycling proficiency on the road outside a village school, I was given the task of waving the slow down sign to oncoming cars before the blind bend approaching the school alongside the temporary signs. Most drivers, mainly women and men, slowed down, often waving and smiling back at me. Not so young men. I was either ignored, with no slowing of speed and even a couple of artistic hand signals back. Interesting! Obviously young men are invincible, but not the rest of us!

However, generally, I have noticed pretty good road manners along the narrow country roads round here, where there are stopping places. Lights are flashed or thank you hand signals are given if you are the one to stop. An American friend was amazed at this and thought it was wonderful. He said it was a cultural thing. Mind you he didn't experience the mad school rush!

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:16 AM »

There are still nice people out there,at least that's what I try to tell myself.in our tiny village,the only places you can cross the road are on bends,you have to stand there,trying to listen for anything,twice now I've had near misses.even when you're walking along the (small) pavement,van drivers especially,drive so close to you,they nearly take your arm off with their wing mirrors AND at speed.just no care for anyone but themselves ☹️

Ju Ju

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:40 AM »

We have a blanket 20 miles an hour speed limit in our village. We do not have pavements through the centre and there are a lot of hazards, so it makes sense, but not in our road. Wide, good views and few parked cars as all houses have off road parking. I go a bit faster along our road, but have always gone slowly through the centre of the village. Apparently few drivers observe the speed limit through the centre of the village. No one to enforce it. Few police officers, police stations closed. Nearest open police station is 20 miles away.  :o

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »

Haha, I remember jo brand saying this and me laughing my head off as it applies to me,when you stop to let another motorist go,if there's an obstruction at THEIR side of the road and they don't even wave a thank you or nod or smile,I'm half out my window shouting THANK YOU THANK YOU
😂

Two hoots

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 01:36:26 PM »

I hate being stuck in a queue of cars when someone drives all the way to the front and squeezes in  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 02:41:51 PM »

What I don't like is road humps as they impact on ambulance journeys with badly injured victims, i.e. neck or head injuries.

jaypo

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 04:07:31 PM »

I hate being stuck in a queue of cars when someone drives all the way to the front and squeezes in  >:(
Haha two hoots,I'm with you on that one too, I try to get as close as I can to the car in front of me so they can't get in,why do they think they don't have to wait like the rest of us😡

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 04:17:35 PM »

I've seen lorry drivers pull across 2 lines so that others can't push in  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 10:03:49 PM »

I followed an articulated lorry along a lane with passing places this evening. Tricky, as there were several cars behind me and the passing places are only bigger enough for normal lorries and a couple of cars. The driver in the car immediately behind me was so impatient that he overtook me (having driven very very close to my bumper) and the lorry when we stopped. I had to leave space as the lorry started to reverse back in to allow space for oncoming cars. I'd love to have seen how he got on meeting the oncoming cars with nowhere to go but the hedge. The lorry blocked my view. Hope he scatched his car!
Pages: 1 [2]