Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armpits  (Read 5048 times)

Hezzalady67!

Re: Armpits
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:24 PM »

Your Nurse had a good feel and isn't concerned.  To be absolutely certain she has referred you to the GP, pity that she couldn't call a GP 'over' to the room  ::).

Had she been sure it would have saved a GP appt. ;-).

Let us know how you get on.

I know, I just felt annoyed having to go out from work twice in one week when I had wanted to see the GP in first place.

I will let you know  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »

Did U see the GP?

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 09:53:39 AM »

No, I was given a GP phone call slot instead of an appointment and, as I was at work, I got caught up in something and missed the call! I will have to try again next week and hope for an appointment.

At our surgery the receptionists question you and decide what sort of appointment is needed, hence why I was sent to nurse. Suppose I could just say that I don't want to discuss it and please make me a GP appointment.

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »

Receptionists shouldn't decide who you see,they're NOT medically trained,if you wish to see a dr,you can demand to do so

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 05:21:40 PM »

I would ask for a GP appt. particularly as the phone appt. didn't connect with you.  Some receptionists are now trained in triage.  Apparently.  But I don't like having to keep repeating my symptoms  >:(

squilly

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 08:49:38 PM »

I noticed a largish lump in my armpit about 2 years ago. I only noticed it because I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, putting my hair up in a bobble before brushing my teeth and I could see one side of my armpit looked larger than the other.

I made an appointment after weeks of worrying to my husband, and straight away she put me on a potential cancer pathway. Within 10 days, I had a ultrasound scan at the hospital and they couldn't determine what it was so 12 days later I was seeing a sarcoma consultant at the hospital. Then 4 days later I had an MRI and within 5 weeks I was in the operating theatre. They suspected it was a benign lipoma, but the treatment and care I received was excellent. It was in fact a lipoma, although 7cms wide - it was harmless.

I post this not to worry you x but to support you in realising that you deserve to be taken seriously, treated respectfully and without needless delay.

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 09:39:22 PM »

Wow squilly,that was a lot of days of worrying,not sure I would've kept it together

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »

:thankyou:  squilly

squilly

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »

It did seem like a very long time, and I did struggle so very much with the not-knowing, but really from initial appointment to surgery was very quick.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 09:47:39 PM »

I felt whilst in the system of surgery, follow ups, treatments; for nearly a year; I was OK - it was after, when the support disappeared, that it hit me .......

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 07:00:53 PM »

I noticed a largish lump in my armpit about 2 years ago. I only noticed it because I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, putting my hair up in a bobble before brushing my teeth and I could see one side of my armpit looked larger than the other.

That's pretty much what has happened to me. I still haven't been to GP, it was so frustrating being told by the receptionist almost that my concerns didn't warrant a GP.

Then, the nurse seemed to think because I'd had screening it wasn't an issue. But she did tell me to double check with GP, it is getting more uncomfortable though only a soft, fatty lump it is kind of getting ‘pinched' between my arm and pit... so I MUST persist.

It is so hard to get an appointment with the ‘ring at 0800' system and when at different offices for different meetings.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:02:57 PM by Hezzalady67! »

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »

Do you not have a medical health office in your work place? If not, take time off?  You could show a Pharmacist they have private rooms now.

sheila99

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »

Tell them you have a lump in your armpit that could be a cancerous lymph node. If it could be cancer they have to act. I had a lump in my breast and I saw the GP the same day, it's usually a fortnight.
Pages: 1 [2]