Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi - I'm new!  (Read 1781 times)

Reen

Hi - I'm new!
« on: February 09, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting. I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time reading the posts here and trying to get clued up on the menopause! I'm on HRT - I've been taking femoston conti for almost a month. I'm not experiencing any benefit from it yet, although I suppose it's early days yet. I'm struggling with the hot flushes (they actually seem a bit more intense since I started HRT) and also joint aches. My hands and feet are stiff and sore pretty much all of the time and now my left knee and right ankle have decided to get in on the action and some days they are quite painful. I'm guessing that this is all normal, right?  ;)

I don't know where to start with coping with it all. I have to admit to being upset and really down after menopause was confirmed. It's a bit overwhelming!

jaypo

Re: Hi - I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 04:54:05 PM »

Hi reen & welcome to the mad house 🤪 yes,unfortunately the symptoms of menopause are many,aching joints,sweats,insomnia,it just goes on and on but somehow we learn to cope with it,we women are strong 💪🏼 I suspect if men had to go through what we do,the world may actually come to a halt 😆
Anyway,hope you find some help here,I know I did,just good to know you're not alone xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »

Hi Reen.
 :welcomemm:
I'm on Femoston Conti, been on it a while, just give it chance to get working.
Although if you don't get relief after 3months, maybe you need a higher dose.
It IS all overwhelming, but don't worry, there's always someone on to answer your questions....

Good luck, hope the femoston kicks in soon......

Jd xx

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 06:12:58 PM »

Hello Reen and welcome to the forum.

My trusty meno book states that although there are lots of symptoms of the menopause many women only have a few and some have none at all!  Sadly you're not in the last category but hopefully you'll avoid most of the others. Whatever happens the lovely ladies of the forum will be here to help.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 06:44:14 PM »

Browse round.  Make notes.  Some find keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains. Also the body may become dry: inside and out  >:(  ::) - skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina ...........

Reen

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »

Awww thanks for the lovely welcome everyone! It's great to have this community to talk to and access information from. Especially as it seems that the menopause is still something that people don't really talk about! I'm having a good browse of the site and I'm already more clued up than I was before I joined.  :) Thanks again!  :)

JaneinPen

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »

Hi Reen. Welcome to the forum. A place to have a good moan, a cry and a laugh without judgement and get great advice from the lovely ladies there is always someone on here with a bit of knowledge on what is bothering you

Tc

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »

Hi reen. Just want to say hello and welcome to the forum.

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »

Hello Reen, welcome aboard!

Oh yes, the joint pains! But hopefully getting your oestrogen level up should help with this. I find it makes a big difference.

I hope you eventually get some benefit from your current regime, but if not there is always someone here to offer advice on alternatives. Good luck!

JP x