Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: I just found a study on a new menopause treatment  (Read 1486 times)

pepperminty

I just found a study on a new menopause treatment
« on: February 05, 2019, 07:33:16 PM »

Hi Ladies ,

Just saw this , I wonder what the new treatment is?

The link is : https://www.londontrials.com/who-are-we

London's leading medical research unit doing trials with healthy volunteers apparently

Healthy women who are postmenopausal or who've had a hysterectomy needed for the study of a  potential new treatment for the symptoms of menopause, including hot flushes and night sweats. You must be aged 40 to 70. Vegetarians and smokers or up to 5 cigarettes per day are allowed. The trial involves up to 3 screening visits, a 13 nights' residence and 1 follow up appointment. Next group starting 11 February 2019.

Peppermintyx

Cazikins

Re: I just found a study on a new menopause treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:48:47 PM »

And you get paid £3,250 for doing it!!

This is what it says on their website:

If you're still interested in taking part, we'll give you a health questionnaire to fill in. Next, one of our doctors will answer your questions about the study.  If you're satisfied you know enough about the study, and you decide you want to take part, we'll ask you to sign a ‘consent form'.  We'll give you a copy to take away.  We'll screen you after you've signed the consent form.  It usually takes about two hours.  We will:

Measure your height and weight;
Give you a medical examination, including your blood pressure and pulse rate;
Do an ECG (a painless test that records the rhythm of the heart);
Take samples of your blood and urine to check you're healthy;
Test you for drugs of abuse, such as cannabis and cocaine, because they might react badly with the new medicine and harm you;
Do a pregnancy test, if you're a woman;
test your blood for hepatitis and HIV (AIDS) viruses (we'll counsel you about these tests before you have them, and explain what would happen if one should be positive);
Ask you what foods you won't eat when you stay on the ward;
Ask for a copy of your passport or National Insurance number (if you have one), as proof of your identity; and
Give you an appointment card with all the study dates and times.

I reckon I'd get bored though after a while. It seems it can get noisy at night & you are in a hospital type ward (rather than a private room)....still that money would come in handy. ::)

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 06:54:00 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Yep I would stay in a ward for £3000.

I hope they get positive results with whatever it is!

PMX

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »

Wishing them well. We certainly need an effective alternative to HRT for those who can't take it.

I imagine the main stumbling block may be finding volunteers.

It would be interesting if a forum member did take part and report back though!
  I have seen the ad several times but would have to take the whole period as leave from work.

racjen

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:51:24 AM »

Wow, I could do it cos I don't have a job anymore and could really do with the money. I wonder whether they take you if your main symptoms are depression and anxiety though - not mentioned in the blurb. Maybe I'll apply and just see what they say - presumably you have to come off all existing HRT to do it though...

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »

Why not racjen,

sounds like an idea, let us know how you get on.

PMx