Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Any progesterone other than Utrogestan available OTC in Spain?  (Read 2045 times)

aurora

Any progesterone other than Utrogestan available OTC in Spain?
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:03:40 PM »

Hi all

I'm getting on very well with Lenzetto spray (same as Evamist) which I buy OTC in Spain. I also buy Utrogestan but don't get on with it via any route of administration! it makes me very dry in nose throat etc (and vagina if using that route) I've evn tried rubbing on skin and I still get dryness - this proves it's being absorbed (I do have very thin skin and blood) but is not good otherwise obvs.

I was OK with the old sort which used peanut oil it's the sunflower oil ones which cause the problems.

Does anyone know of any other progesterones which can be bought OTC in Spain? Or anywhere I could still get peanut oil sort online (my last ones came from Bulgaria but can't now find the site - they were probably old stock anyway ...)

Hurdity

Re: Any progesterone other than Utrogestan available OTC in Spain?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:18:00 PM »

Hi aurora

If you live in Spain then best to ask at your local pharmacist. The peanut oil Utrogestan I don't think is made any more. I'm not sure how much of the formulaton was changed? Not a good idea to rub onto your skin for endometrial protection - depsite your feeling that is is being absorbed. There are various other progesterones such as Cyclogest and Crinone gel, but this may only be available in UK - although if they are produced by other companies in EU then they may well be available in Spain too?

Hurdity x

aurora

Re: Any progesterone other than Utrogestan available OTC in Spain?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »

Thanks Hurdity - yes I have but they never seem to know from a general enquiry but I will ask specifically for Crinone (which looks better for me) as they may be able to order it. They hadn't heard of Lenzetto but were able to order quickly once I asked for it by name :)