Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and headache  (Read 1249 times)

Mrs Bennet

Vagifem and headache
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »

Hi ladies....i am on week 2 of my Vagifem maintenance dose but suffering with dreadful headache.....i know this is a low dose and not supposed to be systemic but could Vagifem be the cause?? xx

Katejo

Re: Vagifem and headache
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »

Hi ladies....i am on week 2 of my Vagifem maintenance dose but suffering with dreadful headache.....i know this is a low dose and not supposed to be systemic but could Vagifem be the cause?? xx
Couldn't it just  e coincidence? I haven't had any side effects with Vagifem.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 02:21:36 PM »

Mrs Bennet - there is some systemic absorption with vaginal oestrogen but it is small. Depending where you are in menopause and whether you are on other hRT  - if you are post-menopause and not on HRT your own oestrogen will be low. Initially during the two week loading there will be more systemic absorption until the vaginal lining thickens up and then less is absorbed. Trials show that levels of estradiol remain within the post-menopausal range, but you may experience sdie effects initially ads your body responds to extra oestrogen - even a very small amount. Some women appear to be sensitive to this. If you are not yet at menopause and already on HRT then you are less likely to notice any change as your own oestrogen level will be fairly high. Hope your headache eases soon.

Hurdity x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:47:31 PM »

Thank you so much  Hurdity, Sparkle for your replys.....i am some 5 years post meno so all very prune like 😳🤣🤣.....will see how i go xx