Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dental night guard  (Read 5951 times)

Tc

Re: Dental night guard
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 11:54:23 PM »

Lady. It sounds like you were tortured. Well done for conquering the fear after that.i  Can just imagine the dentist turning around to an empty chair!!!

My mum was always ok with her own treatments but when I was in the chair was a mess. One day she fainted clean out on the floor. And she did the same thing when I had my ears pierced!

Thanks for the thoughts on my hair. Definitely no bleach. I think some hairdressers offer a pre  consultation  so that might be an idea to  make sure they're sympathetic to the hair loss issue and know how to deal with fragile hair.
Xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 11:07:03 AM »

I remember the dentist man saying ‘opennn aaa little bitttt'
All drawn out when he said it.....still haunts me today......lol.
He was probably a very nice man, but, he still hurt me with those cold injections in my mouth.  😷😡

annieb

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 07:11:35 PM »

Hi labybt28 - the brace is a hard plastic mould that fits over my teeth. I get a new one every 3/4 weeks and dentist reckons it will take around 10 sets to move the teeth back into correct position.  I can take it out whenever I want and have to take it out to eat and drink otherwise it will stain.  It's brilliant as you can hardly see it and if I'm going out for a meal I just leave it behind.. Having said that you do really need to keep it in for at least 20 hours a day otherwise it takes much much longer for the teeth to move and stay put.  So it's a bit of a pain that way but great for dieting as you are not supposed to eat anything while wearing it!!!  I had fixed metal braces as a teenager and they were really awful.  Scratched the inside of my mouth terribly
I'm about 3 months into the treatment and can already see the difference.  It takes a bit of getting used to as my speech seems a bit lispy at first but no-one has actually noticed I've got the thing on.
Once the teeth are in the correct position I will only have to wear the final brace at night and then probably only every other night.  Certainly worth it but as mentioned very expensive !!  Having said that I think the problems I would have had if I had not addressed the issues now would have been more expensive in the long term (hoping to live to 100 ::) ::)

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »

They really do work,although take a bit of getting used to,my jaw is now fine after wearing shield,just trains you not to bite down so hard whilst you sleep,haha are we all stressed ladies😆

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »

Hi I've used a silicone one on bottom teeth for a while ;cost about £40 from nhs dentist .My teeth had got quite worn and I actually broke a couple of them in the night! So use every night now and it's comfortable. Don't want poor teeth to get worse !

Vixen

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 04:04:01 PM »

I had one from my dentist as I used to awake with awful headaches which were caused by the grinding of my teeth when asleep that I didn't know I did. Took a while to get used to, but I perservered and my headaches got better in the mornings.
Ask for one, worth a try.....

elsie001

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 04:57:39 PM »

I have a silicone one from the dentist that I wear every night. Think it cost about £60? I have a dental implant and tend to grind my teeth while I sleep so if I didn't wear the guard, there's a good chance my implant could get damaged with the grinding. The implant cost £1,500 and the whole experience of getting it fitted was a nightmare so I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to avoid going through all that again!
Pages: 1 [2]