Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help feel awful  (Read 1593 times)

Burchers

Help feel awful
« on: February 03, 2019, 02:26:06 AM »

I started Evorel Conti on Thursday due to Femseven Conti not available. It's 2am I've got major anxiety symptoms,insomnia and nausea. Do I have to ride out these symptoms whilst my body get used to the change . I can't be like this . Feel like I've stepped back 2 years . It took me a long time to find HRT that helped. I could cry

Ladybt28

Re: Help feel awful
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 02:32:35 AM »

sorry Burchers, yes, changing can do this. It's heart-breaking isn't it, when you have struggled so long to get it right and then some major spanner comes along and throws it all up into the air.  This femseven thing has upset a lot of women.  If only they had any idea of the havoc and misery they cause discontinuing meds??

Unfortunately you are going to ride it out until your body settles into the Evorel Conti..there is no short cut I'm afraid. :(

Burchers

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:02:25 AM »

I have Colitis to and I am on biological injections which I have to do fortnightly. Unfortunately it was my Friday to do my injection so my poor body got all sorts of things going around it. I hope it all settles soon. I hate not sleeping and having the anxiety

Karen max

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »

Hi
I was put on everol conti and waited around 7 months for it to settle down , it hasn't I still feel awful using it so I've stopped it !!!
I'm now waiting on appointment from hrt clinic ..
I remember my old GP telling me that if you get onto tight hrt which suits you , you will feel better after 4 weeks them after 3 months you will feel more like your old self ..

So clearly everol conti isn't the right hrt for me as the anxiety/ panic , sickness  , anger , rage  ect is just too much for me ....
Hopefully you will feel better soon

Kaz

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »

Hi Karen,
I have written before, I couldn't use everol.  I'm not sure about the GP saying you should feel better after 4 weeks - some do but loads of us don't.  You should find some symptoms coming under control by 4 weeks but "much better" I would say is 3 months minimum.  It took 6 months before I felt more like my old self.  I don't think we ever go back to our old selves though.  I tried 5 hrts before getting the right one!

It's so variable women to women, it so very hard to predict - there are no hard and fast rules, all I can say is bucket loads of patience is required if you have been or are struggling - you just have to hang on in there and if it's not working change the regime every 3 months till it does....well that's what I had to do anyway.

I wish I could say something more positive but it can be a long haul. ::)
Hope you both feel better soon x

Burchers

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 02:46:03 PM »

I'm so upset as it took me 18months of trying different HRT to find  Femseven Conti.

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 03:22:04 PM »

It makes my blood boil when I hear how the discontinuation of HRTs have such a devastating impact on some of our lives.  I was on the same one for 12+ years with hardly any problems at all and it was discontinued about 18 months ago.  Since then I've tried several  different regimes and although I'm not too bad on my current one, I still don't feel as well as I did on the original regime.  I try not to dwell on it too much but I can't help feeling bitter about the situation sometimes, especially if I'm having a bad day.

I agree with what the other ladies have said here with regards to trying to give it a bit more time for your body to adjust and things to settle.

I hope you see some improvement soon Burchers.

Rosie63x

Burchers

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Karen max

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 11:19:50 PM »

Hi ladybt
I don't think he meant I'd be feeling huge difference think what he meant was I wouldn't be feeling as many side effects , they say if we find the right hrt we get less side effects when starting it , I know it can take a good 6 months for hrt to do it's full job , but the awful supine effects I get always ends up with me having to stop the hrt as my body seems to really dislike it !!
I felt a bit better when I started everol conti until around 5 months then the old problems seemed to return one by one !
I'm holding onto the faith that the hrt clinic can give me a new hrt which suits me ,
Until I get to the hrt clinic I'm not using the patch again as from I Ave took patch if the internal shaking has stopped so now I know for sure it is definitely the patch causing it plus the stomach pains have gone so hrt causing them too ..
I honestly don't mind waiting a year to get full results on new hrt just getting fed up trying to get one that suits me but all my faith is in the hrt clinic so roll on date for appointment

Kaz x