Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: The utrogestan debacle  (Read 1904 times)

Tc

The utrogestan debacle
« on: February 02, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »

Hiya ladies

Is  it just me or is it becoming more and more apparent from this forum that doctors are prescribing utrogestan without understanding the different ways to use it and the reasons for this and therefore are not providing the patient with clear and accurate information on how to take the medication.

It certainly happened to me.

If the docs are confused then it's no wonder we are too.!!

Thank goodness there are ladies on here able to advice or provide links to information.

It's a recurring pattern on here. Surely this shouldn't be happening?

Ladybt28

Re: The utrogestan debacle
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 01:45:10 AM »

There are about a million things that shouldn't be happening to menopausal women!   >:(
I think we should all get on a bus and tour round the country preaching to GP's in their lunch times!!
Hordes of real women rampaging round the country telling it like it is can only be a good thing and maybe missing lunch might focus their minds!!   :lol:  XXX

Tc

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:10:56 AM »

Preach it sister :clapping:

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:26:55 AM »

what are you doing up? :) Now go to bed ;D ;D :-X :lol:

God I've turned into my mother!! Ha ha!!  No that's not good!

Tc

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 02:41:56 AM »

I am in bed mum😁

Tc

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 02:44:56 AM »

Actually.....You're up too!!. I am gonna put this phone down now tho.
Na. nite Lady. X

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 09:49:03 AM »

You're right Tc - and part of the reason for confusion is the labelling as well as the changes in preparation available in UK for different purposes. The SPC product info differs from the patient leaflet and I have written to Besins about this - not the first time labelling of this product has been wrong or misleading!

Hurdity x

Tc

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »

Thank you for writing to them I,  and im sure many others, realy appreciate you take the time to do things like which we all benefit from..  :thankyou:

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »

You're welcome - I enjoy it.

Hurdity x

BJC_HRT

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 09:09:36 AM »

Hi all, newbie here!  :)

I'm 3.5 years post meno and have only just started on HRT - I've been given Estradiol - 2 measures once a day, and Utrogestan - one to be taken at night, take on an empty stomach 1 hour before food or 2 hours after food. Is that the correct way to take it?

I started on 14th Jan and have so far had a 3 day bleed and incredibly sore boobs - the sweating has diminished and I feel a little less tired.

Thanks for reading.  :)

Tc

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »

Hi BJC
Welcome to the forum.

I am on utrogestan 100 and I take it at night before bed. I've only been taking it 2 weeks or so. I have been told to take it continously without a break and I'm post meno.

Good to hear some of your symptoms have been controlled

May I suggest you start a new thread to introduce yourself as other ladies will want to welcome you and  many might not see your post because it's a reply.

Welcome aboard!!!

Tc

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 09:47:10 AM »

Bjc
If you would like to start a new thread  go into forum board General discussion. You will see "NEW MEMBERS introduce yourself"

Then in the blue tabs at the top select NEW TOPIC. In the subject box you can say hi I'm new or anything you want.

You don't always have to post in new members you can post and reply in others as you have today in the All Things Menopause board  but by introducing yourself in new members I think more people will be able to welcome you.