Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mammogram  (Read 2067 times)

Mushyjam49

Mammogram
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:18:19 PM »

So all,  Went for the routine Mammogram as I was called early as part of a "experimental and educational programme"  AKA tits in a vice time!!!

Anyway I go through the procedure and was sent packing with the leaflets and information about what happens next.  5 days later I receive a letter from our local hospital asking me to go back as something had shown on the mammogram they needed to investigate further!!! I will not lie I was terrified, having watched my own mum go through lumpectomy, chemo, radio and 10 year check ups and the like when she was only 48, I had an awful feeling that something had shown which was going to give me concern in the future.

Anyway off I head with my Mother beside me for more tests including further squeezing of the boobs in an even bigger machine and it appeared to feel like an even tighter vice and then onto ultrasound for a good old root around.....

I was called in to see the Breast Doctor who looked at me and said " everything is fine" thank the lord I wanted to kiss her.... but then she gave us the reasons for the initial concern...... because I am what you call a top heavy kinda girl.... she basically said that because my boobs were so big and so tightly cramped into that itsy bitsy teeny weeny oversized and painful machinery  ;D ;D my boobs were creasing like a crinkled up jumper!!!! So basically my boobs were like a pleated A lined Skirt!!!!  ;D ;D ;D which subsequently showed as an abnormality on the initial mammogram!!!! Oh the joys of being a larger girl!!! :o :o :o

jaypo

Re: Mammogram
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 04:39:07 PM »

🤣😆😂 not got that problem personally 😏
Glad all was well,I've been recalled before,nervous wreck is an understatement

Mushyjam49

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »

Yes It is a very unnerving experience but honestly fancy having creases in your boobs!!! felt the need to go home and iron the buggers out for future visits  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »

Did this happen  :o ........ painful?

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »

Must say I've never heard of creased boobs before 😆 so do you need a bigger bra?

Mushyjam49

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »

;D ;D Honestly I have never in my life heard of creased boobies!!! but apparently due to them ahem larger than life and trying to squeeze the weight of a bag of sugar in a vice so tightly then this is how they figured it out that it was a fold of skin trapped in the vice which had possibly folded over!!!

And need a bigger bra!!! Lol I think if I went a size up I would have to enlist the Army to make me a specially fitted hammock to house the buggers in ;D ;D ;D

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 08:51:33 PM »

Omg just about weed myself laughing 😂

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 09:31:35 PM »

They really need to find a better way. ;D