Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dry Eyes  (Read 5127 times)

Gracie65

Re: Dry Eyes
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:58:36 PM »

Hi Beaker,

I suffer with this also and also had styes which I don't normally suffer with. I literally had to massage my right eye in the middle of the night to get it open when I went to the loo!
I went to my optician and she explained that during menopause the natural oils in your eyelid harden and need to be kept soft.  She recommends the heat method as someone has already advised you.  I use a gel mask that I heat in hot water and relax with it on for ten minutes while I listen to spa music, bliss :) It can take a few days to make a difference and if you can manage twice a day all the better :)
You can buy the mask online, Its called EyeSoothe for Blepharitis and my drops are Hycosan Plus and they are preservative free.

Beaker

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »

thank you, Gracie65.  I'll order the EyeSoothe  :)

Shadyglade

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 01:32:23 PM »

I'm amazed by how many products are out there. Your sure to find one that suits.  :)

Hopeful1

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 08:30:08 AM »

I had dry eyes for a couple of years and used Opticrom single dose eye drop capsules from Boots. I noticed they got better once I started HRT but it might be a coincidence.

Beaker

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »

Things are really improving now I've tried a few of your remedies. Must look into sea buckthorn oil must admit I've never heard of it,
Pages: 1 [2]