Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Wellbutrin  (Read 1665 times)

Tc

Wellbutrin
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:59:00 AM »

Hiya ladies.
My psychiatrist prescribed WELLBUTRIN for me as I'm very reluctant to take prozac or similar. I've had prozac before and found the first 2 weeks horrendous 're suicidal thoughts. I pushed through it before but now I'm in meno since August and realy struggling with my mental health since the surgery and with the effects of hrt and am scared to throw prozac into the mix.

So. He said wellbutrin has less side effects and he would arrange a prescription.

but 2 days ago  his secretary phoned me and said he has now decided he  can't prescribe WELLBUTRIN. She said he will call me but he hasn't and I can't contact him.

I was wondering if anyone else has been prescribed this drug and if you had problems getting it.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wellbutrin
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:01:37 PM »

Stuck then!  Could you ring a local Pharmacist to see - it may be it's been withdrawn?

:bighug:

Tc

Re: Wellbutrin
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »

I gave in and googled it. Something I'm not supposed to be doing at moment but..

Apparently it's off license here. But it can be prescribed in certain circumstances.

I hope that's not gonna stop me trying it cos I realy feel I need something and I simply cant risk the other ssris I've had before.

I can't take gabapentin either as I had a serious reaction to it and it's on my notes I can't take it.

Feeling pretty stumped. Guess I'll have to try docs secretary again Monday and see exactly why he's changed his mind.