Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: been geiven vagifem whats it like? Does it wrk? Wots the side affects ? X  (Read 1514 times)

zodiac

Hi ive been taken of the evorel conti patches because of the constant sore swolen boobs and the fact it was affecting my life as couldnt lie down , couldnt stand anything brushing past them let alone touch them, couldnt do gym classes, anxiety ,mood swings had got really bad felt like i was back at the begining of peri meno ,
Anyway dr gave me the vagifem pessaries which i get today from chemist , anyone know what these are like good &. Bad ,  Do they wrk for the painful sex ?
I know they wont help with any other symptoms apart from the VA side of meno,
Only askin as nothing upto now has wrkd as my body dont like anything even doesnt like the herbal stuff lol
Thanks xx

Hezzalady67!

Re: been geiven vagifem whats it like? Does it wrk? Wots the side affects ? X
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:42:00 AM »

Hi Zodiac,

I find they do help. I found them hard to use at first,  but soon got into the routine. Slight change to belly shape, but some people say that might just be from meno itself.

I also could not use evorel conti, the Vagifem doesn't have the side effects for me, being, as you said, a localised treatment.

JaneinPen

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:54:52 AM »

Works for me zodiac. Stick with it and use as often as you feel you need it. I use 3 times a week.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »

Two weeks every night.  Then 3 times a week or as necessary. Some ladies find that they require Vagifem nightly as well as 'yes' and/or 'sly' products - if you put the names into the search box you will find out more. 

You may find that you get vague cramps initially but those will pass.  It is a small dose delivered into the vagina with very little take up beyond the vaginal walls.

Let us know how you get on!  I winced at your description of painful breasts  :o

zodiac

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »

Thanks everyone fingers crossed im ok on these, the leflet that comes with them is scarie when u read the dos n donts & side effects lol , but will just have to see if my body takes to them , 😳

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 05:46:15 PM »

Why wouldn't your body adapt?  If it doesn't after 3-4 months then ask for Ovestin  ;)

zodiac

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

Lol its never liked anything i tryed yet , but hey this may wrk so fingers crossed plus got the ladycare magnet , as two friends use it and its wrking for them , so ill try both lol x

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 05:34:21 PM »

Thanks everyone fingers crossed im ok on these, the leflet that comes with them is scarie when u read the dos n donts & side effects lol , but will just have to see if my body takes to them , 😳
They have worked well for me so far with no side effects at all. My initial target goal was to reduce UTI infections but I have discovered already that it has removed a dull ache around my left hip and internal irritation. I need to wait longer ( a few more months)  to see for sure  if it stops the UTI's but it is doing well so far.