Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti and palpitations  (Read 5051 times)

Timaru-Soo

Evorel Conti and palpitations
« on: January 31, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »

Hi everyone

I'm new here and wondered if anyone else has experienced palpitations whilst on Evorel Conti??  I read on the info sheet that they are a common side effect.  Have appt with GP on Monday to discuss.

Thanks
Timaru-Soo  ;D

Tracey E

Re: Evorel Conti and palpitations
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »

Hi Timaru-Soo, I'm on this HRT and yes I am experiencing palpitations toi. I've asked my doctor for an alternative HRT and he's suggested Propranolol tablets. Not quite the answer I was expecting. :(

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 05:24:09 PM »

Hi Timaru-Soo

:welcomemm:

Where are you in menopause re periods etc - what were they doing and how often were they, before you started the HRT. Also how long have you been on the patches?

Some women don't get on with the progestogen part of this HRT and this is a common side effect. Some women also get palpitations from low oestrogen. 

What is it with doctors and beta-blockers?! The number of menopausal women that are given these who haven't got heart problems is shocking - just like with ADs and sleeping tablets!!! Imagine giving out a drug to counteract the side effects of another drug!

Unfortunately there isn't another combi patch while the Femseven is being redeveloped - but you can use oestrogen patches ( Evorel 50 mcg for example is same dose) together with either Provera tablets (synthetic progestogen) or progesterone (Utrogestan). All the different HRT types are listed under treatments - on the menu.

Hurdity x

Timaru-Soo

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »

Thanks Hurdity I am post meno (12 years) and have had them on and off but this feels like when I was peri so I'm thinking it's the patches.  I'll check out the other options and take to doc on Monday.

Soo

Karen max

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:24:22 PM »

Hi
Everol conti has done same with me heart fluttering and just feeling awful , I've stopped it as GP hasn't a clue what else to give me as he has already put me on beta blockers and I've had heart test done all was fine thankfully but he was willing to let me stay in the patches , honestly would rather use nothing than everol conti as it don't suit he at all.
I'm post menopause 4 yrs
Now I'm waiting for appointment at hrt clinic

Good luck
Kaz

Timaru-Soo

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »

Hi Kaz

Good luck with your appt.  I am seeing GP tomorrow and will ask to be changed to something else.  Probably estrogen patch + micronised progesterone.  That's if there aren't any supply issues  ::)

Soo

Karen max

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 01:18:07 AM »

Hi
Good luck with doc tomorrow
My GP told me there is only 3 patches I can use 2 of which are unable to be got and other one everol conti .
I've been in 3 different hrt pills none has agreed with me and my GP won't give gel so my only vhouce is to Ho to hrt clinic to see if they can offer me one !!
I'm 4 yrs post menopause and still have womb .. I'm 51 yrs old and I'm feeling 90 yrs old  with awful menopause it has sure floored me ..
Let me know how you get on at GP

Good luck !!!!
Kaz

purplebee

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 11:29:23 AM »

Heart palpitations here too on Evorel. Stopped taking it yesterday and will have to talk to GP. I'm wondering if I should just take calcium to protect my bones and perhaps something like Menopace? and quit HRT for a while it's not suiting me at the moment and it's getting me down. Have any of you ladies tried Menopace or similar and is it worth taking a calcium supplement?

Karen max

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »

Hi purplebee
I used nenopace a few times but to be honest it didn't help me at all .
I've been given 3 hrt pills and the patch over the last 5-6 yrs , the pills had awful side effects on me so I give up on them , then last year I felt so awful went back to docs with list of menopause symptoms, she give me everol conti they help a little for around 5 months then slowly symptoms returned ..
The anxiety seems to be the worse for me as the rest I can kind of cope with , but I'd to stop using the patch last week as I just felt so unwell
I'm 4 yrs post menopause aged 51 so now I'm waiting on appointment for hrt clinic in hope they can get me into the right hrt ..

I've spent so much money on herbal things none helped me to be honest

Kaz x

purplebee

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »

Hi Kaz. can I ask what side effects you experienced please?

Mandy-Joe

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »

Hello

I don't know if this is worth any of you trying before you give up on evorel conti, or get get back to see your GP.

I used evorel sequi for a couple of years and had no problems with it.  I changed to conti at the beginning of December and started feeling really peculiar, most things I put down to getting used to continuous, but the worst thing was being really jittery.  I was waking up most nights feeling really odd and sort of wired, I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Anyway, long story short, one night I spent the early hours looking for answers on this forum and decided rather that ripping the patch off, to try 2/3 of it to see how I got on.  Since then I've been absolutely fine and also have good symptom control.

I hope everyone gets on ok x