Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Armpits  (Read 5029 times)

Hezzalady67!

Armpits
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:27:28 PM »

My armpits have gone weird. The right one has a large, soft lump in it like a lump of fat towards the front. The left is  a little mishapen, but is not as bad.

Anyone else have weird pits?

jaypo

Re: Armpits
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:32:53 PM »

Oh I remember my mum had that,she eventually put a bread poultice on them (old but effective remedy 😊) and lots of cottage cheese came out........sorry😆 maybe an ingrown hair?

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »

Mine are fleshy and I'm very conscious of them generally because I get hormonal breast discomfort which radiates out to my armpits when it's really bad. I'm quite big boobed and fleshy in this area. One side is fleshier than the other xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:38:23 PM »

I don't want to worry you unnecessarily but any lump in the armpit needs to be checked out for peace of mind as it is one of the things to look out for re breast cancer. Please get it checked and let us know how you get on.

Taz x

AgathaC

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:43:09 PM »

Hezzalady - have you had your boobs checked recently?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:53:52 PM »

My initial thought - make an appt. with your Practice Nurse.  Then let us know!

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »

I had breast screening in the summer and all was good.

This has only been going on for about six weeks. It isn't like a boil. It is nearest to ‘axiliary breast tissue ‘from my googlings.

But the one side is much bigger. It's soft and painless. Maybe I should  get a check out x

AgathaC

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:37 PM »

Glad to hear your breast screening was good last Summer. Do as Taz and CLKD suggested and go and get it checked anyway xxx

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 10:30:39 PM »

It's important to still get any lumps checked out. My friend had the second most common type of breast cancer diagnosed four months after her mammogram after she found a tiny lump. She was told this type doesn't show up on a mammogram which is why self examination (which I'm very bad at doing) but thankfully she is extremely diligent over is very important.

Taz x

Shadyglade

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »

Could be a skin cyst or one in the armpit gland.

If it's not hard I would be less concerned.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 04:52:25 PM »

Always important to report any changes.  My breast lump wasn't found on mammogram but by examination in the bath: one night it wasn't, the next night it was palpable.  At operation it was 'non sinister', however, when it got to histology - still here >wave<

It could be laxity of muscles as oestrogen levels drop off causing bat wings ......... let us know?

KAH

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »

Definitely get it checked. I'm currently waiting for biopsy results after I found a small lump that the consultant is very worried about. This did not show up on any mammograms and I've had plenty due to other breast surgery last August. Not trying to scare you, just important to not assume a mammogram will see everything x

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 06:24:49 PM »

Tried to get appointment with GP but when I told receptionist what it was about, it was like...oh, the nurse will do.

Anyway, nurse had a good feel around and said she could see what I meant, but it didn't feel like it was tracking from lymph glands and because I had breast screening, not too worried.

Then decided she didn't know what it was and I need to see the GP after all. Had the cheek to ask if I have read about the menopause or considered HRT...when I have already been post meno for years and was on HRT and ditched it ...read my noteesssss!!!!

Seeing GP later in the week .
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 06:26:56 PM by Hezzalady67! »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 06:48:07 PM »

I often get a blocked pore in my left pit.
I think it's deodorant....
When I squeeze it, it looks like damp talcum powder that comes out.....😬

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »

Your Nurse had a good feel and isn't concerned.  To be absolutely certain she has referred you to the GP, pity that she couldn't call a GP 'over' to the room  ::).

Had she been sure it would have saved a GP appt. ;-).

Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1] 2