Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Walking Therapy  (Read 7934 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Walking Therapy
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 12:30:19 PM »

Do they take cake with them Birdy - in case someone gets low blood sugar ?  ;)

I am trying to walk more daily.  Now that the  :sunny:

:thankyou:  Emma

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 03:56:39 PM »

I'm on my way with  :cupcake: then Birdy  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 08:39:10 PM »

I walk every single day for at least an hour and a half. I have a young active dog that needs out. Come rain or shine off I go every afternoon. I've bought the wet weather gear, the dog has a coat and there will be a not drink when I get home.
Some days I really don't want to but I know the dog needs it and by the time I've been walking for ten mins I'm glad I'm out there doing it.
My stamina has increased, my blood pressure is down along with my weight and I feel much healthier. And I have a happy healthy dog.
There is only so wet that you can get, and after that it really doesn't matter.
i definitely feel generally better for walking. Won't be doing a group walk this weekend due to a cold but it is definitely worth keeping it going.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 08:55:52 PM »

Never wet weather, simply the wrong clothing  ;) (we have a dog breed thread )

dahliagirl

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »

I am walking a local long distance path with my husband.  We drive to the next bit, and do it in appx 6 mile loops every week.  It is taking a while but it is good marital therapy too  :)  He makes the sandwiches. When we reach the end we will start another one.  There are quite a few to go at.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »

I have lots of books of local walks.  We have lovely countryside within an hour's drive too.

I worked out yesterday whilst driving by a walk we did regularly and the GPS said 'drive 1.5 miles and turn L into ...... ' which was our road a quarter of a mile from the house.  So it was 3.5 miles there and back from house to forest to that point B4 we walked round the woods .......... so that was probably at lest 6 miles every Sunday morning.  Plus 3 miles x 2 daily.  At weekends we would drive to other walks which would be anything from 2-6 miles.  Plus there would be those walks up and down  8), as well as 2 weeks twice a year in the Lakes. 
Pages: 1 [2]