Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Duty of care to road users  (Read 3411 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Duty of care to road users
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »

The Dukes accident yesterday has thrown up how the local Councils are ignoring the needs of road users.  That particular stretch of road is well known to my family and has become busier over the years.   It seems strange that the same evening it was agreed by the Council to implement agreements that should have been put in place nearly 3 years ago  :bang: :bang: :bang: ......... i.e. from 60 to 50mph - which will stop what exactly!! - as well as installing cameras which chart how fast people drive, you know - those that are 2 miles apart ....... well in this area the Council has gone Bankrupt and haven't had films in those cameras since 1988 because they didn't have the monies to fund them; and people still race between the speed averaging cameras .........

So there's 1 rule 4 famous people and non compliance from the Council for the rest of us ?!?  It must have been a huge bang as the smaller car hit that Land Rover-thingy [other designs are available] because it was an armoured vehicle. 

Gangan

Re: Duty of care to road users
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:39:51 AM »

It's the potholes around here where some lanes are being left to go to rough tracks.
Also lack of winter gritting due to reduction in the council programme a few years ago. In our village icy conditons are dangerous and the parish council have set up voluntary gritting led by a voluntary snow warden. No amount of protest meant the county council reconsidering. It was all done on a map with no consideration for gradients just population size.

As for the Duke........

Gangan x
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:45:38 AM by Gangan »

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »

......... who was apparently reminded yesterday by the Police when he was seen driving without seat belt  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Our Council is bankrupt.  No one seems to be bothered though lots have claimed 4 tyre damage etc. due to pot holes  >:(

Poppi

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 04:29:32 PM »

......... who was apparently reminded yesterday by the Police when he was seen driving without seat belt  :bang: :bang: :bang:

WHAT???? If the Norfolk cooncil is poor why not whack an “on the spot” fine for all the privileged folk who break the law which the rest of us adhere to because it's THE LAW! Wouldn't surprise me if said driver was on his phone too.
   Poppi (fined for treason 🤐) x

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »

I've just read that the passenger is complaining she hasn't had an apology and said she expected at least a card and some flowers from the duke and queen!!
Can you believe these people? I know he was in the wrong etc but nowadays it's straight to the press,let's see how much money we can make out of it all.apparently the palace did give an apology to the driver
I'm not a royalist and don't care for any of them but I care less for these people who try and cash in on these things
Rant over............for now 😊

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 05:18:32 PM »

Jaypo ....funnily enough I have just had the same discussion with my teen daughter.
I think, if I was as traumatised as the lady said she is I wouldn't be wanting a photo shoot with the press :-\

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »

Exactly,why can't these “takers” in life just be grateful that they were all ok,especially the baby but no no,let's see what we can make out of this 🤬

Shadyglade

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 06:12:23 PM »

Never get involved with the press. They are only interested in profit. Why these people want to put themselves in the public eye escapes me. I would just be so relieved it wasn't worse.

Everyone is on the make.  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 06:15:44 PM »

Without sounding like my mother,what IS the world coming to

JaneinPen

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 06:31:36 PM »

I am with you ladies. She got an apology. Does she really think they sit down and write their own letters NO they are done by the office. She just wants a genuine signature that she can then sell. Be glad you are all alive lady. Yes what he did was wrong and driving without his belt yesterday should not have been dealt with in the way it was but unfortunately it is one rule for some and different rules for others. Always has been always will be.  I said to my husband that the continual pinging of the seat belt not being worn would drive me insane and he said he has probably had it disconnected!!!

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »

Yes probably,they're a law unto themselves

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 07:09:13 PM »

One will get a warning about seat belts from the Police ..... but as he'd had a roll over wouldn't one have thought  ::)  :D

It was the fact that the photographers were at the Gate taking shots of the new vehicles arriving ..... they shouldn't be that close, certainly we weren't allowed to be! and that was when the Family weren't in residence  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »

That bloody woman was on that morning show,the one with holly willoughby(don't watch it)just saw a clip on my news feed,omg,my blood boiling,still harping on that neither the queen or duke had been in touch,what does she expect??For them to come round for tea and cake? It said that senior officials HAD been in touch but clearly not good enough for her,wait for it,she'll be suing for thousands

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »

That was DH's opinion.  Once the plaster is off she'll still have pain, with an injury like that she should be resting!!!

As for the pieces of the Land Rover on e-bay, well that belongs to the Crown.  It should of course have been swept up by the protection squad travelling behind, which leads me to the next question: how come a member of the public helped the Duke from the vehicle?  This could have been set up to enable an assassination!!

It would be difficult though: The Queen V her husband  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 08:20:04 PM »

Your dh is right,she'll be sooooo traumatised,need a psychiatrist for the recurring nightmares,the pain will be with her for years.wow,what a world
Pages: [1] 2