Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How long?  (Read 1577 times)

Tc

How long?
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:11:49 AM »

Hiya ladies. Problems with Gp again. I used 2 tubes of estriol 0.01 in three weeks and she thinks I shouldn't need more yet.
I've used it as directedcwith a little bit outside which consultant told me to do.

The tube is 80mg but I can't find anywhere what how much is in an applicator full I.e how many doses in 1 tube so I can prove it to her. Anyone know?

Ladies I am so sick of my Gp it's not real. Seems to be constantly putting obstacles in  my way.

Any ideas on how I can prove to her that a tube doesn't last as long as she thinks it should?

Jenna

Re: How long?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 01:13:51 PM »

Hiya ladies. Problems with Gp again. I used 2 tubes of estriol 0.01 in three weeks and she thinks I shouldn't need more yet.
I've used it as directedcwith a little bit outside which consultant told me to do.

The tube is 80mg but I can't find anywhere what how much is in an applicator full I.e how many doses in 1 tube so I can prove it to her. Anyone know?

Ladies I am so sick of my Gp it's not real. Seems to be constantly putting obstacles in  my way.

Any ideas on how I can prove to her that a tube doesn't last as long as she thinks it should?

Here you are Tc (Gynest is the old name for Estriol Cream):

"One 80g tube of Gynest® provides 16 doses of treatment.
One 15g tube of Ovestin® provides 30 doses of treatment"

This is from the 'Estriol Cream' section here:
https://northeast.devonformularyguidance.nhs.uk/formulary/chapters/7-genito-urinary-system/7.6-vaginal-and-vulval-conditions/7-2-1-preparations-for-vaginal-and-vulval-changes

Tc

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 03:38:54 PM »

Thank you Jenna. Realy helpful and just what I was looking for.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »

How long is a piece of string  :-\.  Speak to a Pharmacist.

Tc

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »

CLKD. Just my gp being bloody awkward again. Time for a change methinks!! :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »

Get backup either from the leaflet in the product and speak to a Pharamacist.  They can if necessary contact the Manufacturer.

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »

I use ovestin regularly and it would be impossible to get 30 doses from a 15g tube. I use the applicator correctly and get about 10 doses from a 15g tube.

Tc

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »

The link Jenna gave me has the information which isn't on the leaflet which cam with it so I will show doc that.
She initially gave me one tube for the two week loading dose and she thought that was enough as you said Suzy it's impossible to get 14 applications from 1 tube. Especially as the consultant had recommended I use some on the outside as well.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »

If you just use the amount given in the applicator, and at the frequency recommended then it should be enough for routine maintenance doses. However if as most of us do - you use it on the outside and also for the loading dose, or more than twice a week then you will need more.

16 doses = 16 applicators full so if used daily as a loading dose then would last 2 weeks 2 days only - that';s assuming you managed to get it all out of the tube!

However I don't use the applicator for mine and I can imagine squeezing the last bit out would mean it would run out before the two weeks was up especially as you are using extra.....

Hurdity x