Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety over daughter and dizziness  (Read 7381 times)

Blot

Re: Anxiety over daughter and dizziness
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 07:06:53 AM »

Thanks ladies. She seems to be improving whilst taking the sturgeron.

Honestly, I am fed up with being the way I am. I go through phases of jumping from one thing after another, health worries, kids worries and any other life stuff I will always find something to preoccupy my mind. It's as if my brain won't let me relax and must find something to stress over.

jaypo

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »

Join the club blot,seems I'm not happy unless I'm stressing over something,can be the tiniest of matters that keep me awake at night.
Anyway,glad your daughter feeling a bit better 😊

AgathaC

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 08:12:59 AM »

Blot - I'm the same. It's uttery exhausting. I was up last night from 2 until 4.30 worrying. Consequently am tired and jittery today.
So glad your daughter is improving!!

NaturalMystic

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 08:56:11 PM »

Hi all.

Just seeking reassurance about my daughter who is 19. Ive suffered from anxiety for quite a few years but since hitting the menopause I sometimes get ridiculous with it and worry over things that I think anybody else would just shrug off and get on with things. Ive had a bit of a stressful time this past year anyway so I can't seem to get a grip.

My daughter has been in bed for a week with a head cold and dizziness and after a visit to the docs has been diagnosed with labrynthitis. He told her to take antihistamines and paracetamol and to wait it out. No idea why he advised these things and the pharmacist was a bit ??? when I want in asking for them.  She has taken to her bed and is lying around watching tv etc, which is not unusual for her tbh but she is getting a bit distressed at being out of action for so long and worried that its not going to go away. So in turn I am worried its not going to go away and how long its going to last etc etc. I can understand why she is so fed up because being dizzy is no fun.

My menopausal head is totally over reacting to this and I don't know why. Its not serious or anything I know, but I am so uneasy. This has totally not been helped by some horror stories that colleagues at work were kind enough to tell me about!

Any good stories and words of encouragement about this would be appreciated and I apologise for this post because I know I am being a wimp but I don't know where to turn and Dr Google is a no no.

Thank you.
I have bad labrynthitis (sp), very scary but I assure you she will be fine.  It'll pass, usually after 2 weeks at most.  Its rare but can last longer, just an inner ear imbalance, it is about waiting it out.

Blot

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 01:14:33 PM »

Thank you x

NaturalMystic

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »

How's she doing Blot x

Blot

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 12:42:50 PM »

She's on the mend thanks. Not 100% but getting better and back to work etc.

Now just need to sort myself out and this bloody anxiety  :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]