Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New here. Can't take it anymore. Heavy bleeds.  (Read 3326 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here. Can't take it anymore. Heavy bleeds.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 02:01:46 PM »

Maybe make a list to take to your medical professional and discuss?

MomofSprinter

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 02:27:41 AM »

I have another question. Are periods (sometimes) generally really heavy before they start becoming late?

This one didnt show up like normal. A break in the pattern!! I'm hoping it won't show at all but I'm on day 30 of my cycle. No period in sight either. Thinking the 9 day bleed might have had something to do with it. Though I'm not totally convinced it was mid cycle bleeding, but instead a lighter period.

Believe me, I'm happy it is late. I'm getting a break. Hope it doesn't ever come back. Lol.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

There are no rules about what course the peri meno will take.  You may go months without a period and then they start up again. Periods can get further about or closer together. Periods can get lighter or heavier and they can become shorter or you could get almost continuous spotting or bleeding. The heavier periods could be because the lining has built up or because you have developed fibroids or polyps.
I'm afraid nobody can tell you what is going to happen because everyone will experience the menopause differently. DGx

MomofSprinter

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 12:19:05 PM »

Dancinggirl,

Thanks for the reply. Disregard my previous question. It showed up this morning with a vengeance. :(

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »

If you bleed a lot your GP can prescribe something to ease the flow.

4 me it was waxing and waning.  Missed periods for months then they would appear as usual  ::).  Fortunately the clotting and pain went away at peri.

MomofSprinter

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 06:24:20 PM »

Thank you for the response. This one seems weird so far, like normal steady flow. I did start progesterone cream last month so hopefully it is helping. The last 6 cycles or so though day 4 and 5 are my worst. Going to see what tomorrow brings and the next cycle then go from there.

I feel much better knowing people can relate. And this is all most likely the normal process.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

It's The Change ......... so I expected things to alter.  I was also nursing 4 sick pets so it kind of went past me  :-\

Albertadawn

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 03:00:48 AM »

That's also interesting about not having estrogen dominance. Everything I've come across tells you otherwise. There is not a lot of info about menopause on the internet, which sucks. Glad I found this forum. :)

Go on YouTube and look up Menopause Taylor. She is an obgyn who has written a book and done a whole series of videos explaining everything you can think of to explain menopause and your options. She also offers one on one consultations and will answer any questions you have on the videos. She's really sweet and very informed-good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]