Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Femseven conti discontinued  (Read 30758 times)

atalanta

Re: Femseven conti discontinued
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 07:32:26 PM »

Aggghhh! This is so frustrating and my GP is not very clued up. I was unaware of a supply issue and so was she. She gave me a prescription for a year's worth last week. It was only when I went to the pharmacy that I found out I couldn't get the patches. I had a lot of problems before starting femseven sequi. I've been on it for 2 years now, and all the clouds lifted. I've never had any problems with them sticking and I swim and gym (and sweat and shower) a lot. I would like to believe that the response hurdity received from Theramax was sent in good faith and that the intention is for them to be available again to the UK market. But the replies the rest of us have had are generic and feel evasive. I've contacted Theramax again asking for more detail of what the problem is and confirmation that production is just suspended temporarily and not completely discontinued. 

Conolly

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2019, 03:58:16 PM »

Hello ladies,

Theramex has replied to other MM ladies, me included, and the replies are vague, except for the one given to Hurdity, saying the supply issue is related to the adhesive. However, FemSeven (oestrogen only) patches are widely available and listed as the only FemSeven product on Theramex website, They don't seem to have any adhesive issue, so it seems plausible that the levonorgestrel part of the patch is the real issue.

Another possibility is that their patent is expired and maybe a generic product will be available in the near future.

Conolly X

Jo24

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2019, 12:36:11 AM »

I have also received the detailed response from ‘Thera-Hopeless' re adhesive, which is what I was originally told by Teva way back ...
Ironically I have never had any problem with them adhering, I have to dig them off at the end of the week !
I am non the wiser than I was late summer ‘18, which is utterly ridiculous given that Thera purport to ‘support women's health' 🙄
I have a small stash of FemSeven Conti left and am contemplating using half a Fem7 + half an Evorel Conti patch to limp along with.
I had hoped to avoid the (dreaded) Noreth, but do much prefer a fuss free px.
I definitely do not want invasive Prog, and am not mad about the oral or pv Utro
Any thoughts ??

Jules53

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »

Hi ladies. I have been following this thread with interest  I have one patch left and can't get anymore😓. I want to wean off them anyway so the doctor has given me Kliovance low dose tablets which I'm going to start next week. I'm quite nervous about it.

I'd be grateful for any comments/thoughts/advice please. Has anyone else switched from patches to tablets?

Thanks.

Jules x

Burchers

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2019, 01:01:03 PM »

I'm gutted it took me over a year to find something that made me feel better. I just don't know what I'm going to do now.When do you know that you don't need HRT anymore.
I'm 47 and I tried everything before finding Femseven Conti.

Could cry

Jo24

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2019, 01:49:12 PM »

I have cried 😢
The lady I spoke to at Thera seemed to think it was just like changing the brand of coffee you buy, no idea at all .... 🙄
All I can suggest is that we are pester Theramex, phone, emails, Facebook page on a regular basis.

Hurdity

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »

Hi ladies. I have been following this thread with interest  I have one patch left and can't get anymore😓. I want to wean off them anyway so the doctor has given me Kliovance low dose tablets which I'm going to start next week. I'm quite nervous about it.

I'd be grateful for any comments/thoughts/advice please. Has anyone else switched from patches to tablets?

Thanks.

Jules x

Why on earth would the doc change you from transdermal oestrogen to an oral one with completly different progestogen?! I really wouldn't change to these - I mean you might be absolutely fine but there is a transdermal patch with exactly the same oestrogen dose as the Femseven patch but with a different progestogen from Femseven (the same one as in Kliovance).

In your position I would ask the doc to switch you to Evorel conti (if you were on Femseven conti) - same mode of delivery, ( patch) same dose of oestrogen ( 50 mcg) but diff progestogen - norethisterone - and although the patches might differ slightly in size and adhesive components - they are much more similar than changing from patch to tablets.

If you've already got the prescription and paid for it you might want to start the tabs - but the doc hasn't really given you the best advice - unless you had said they Femseven weren't suiting you either. Better to wean off a patch that is similar if you want to wean off, than change completely - your body will take a while to readjust and may well take longer for the tabs.

Why do you want to wean off?

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »

I have also received the detailed response from ‘Thera-Hopeless' re adhesive, which is what I was originally told by Teva way back ...
Ironically I have never had any problem with them adhering, I have to dig them off at the end of the week !
I am non the wiser than I was late summer ‘18, which is utterly ridiculous given that Thera purport to ‘support women's health' 🙄
I have a small stash of FemSeven Conti left and am contemplating using half a Fem7 + half an Evorel Conti patch to limp along with.
I had hoped to avoid the (dreaded) Noreth, but do much prefer a fuss free px.
I definitely do not want invasive Prog, and am not mad about the oral or pv Utro
Any thoughts ??

Yes their response didn't mention problems with the adhesive itself ie their not sticking - but with the supply of one of the components.  I presume it is not possilbe to give an answer as the new formulation will need to be tested (which is what they said to me). A right pain I can imagine - and yet again women are not being well served by products available, shortages etc

Your idea sounds like a plan! I'm sure others would be interested to know how you get on.

Hurdity x

Jules53

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I tried Evorel Conti when I started HRT but they didn't suit me at all. I had terrible pains in my legs and gave them a good go. I had a partial thyroidectomy 10 weeks ago and wasn't sure if a lot of the symptoms I was getting related to my thyroid or menopause. I'm still not feeling great after the Op ( and my thyroid levels are within range) so want to see if the HRT is making me feel unwell. I'm 55 and haven't had a period for 2.5 years so I'm not sure I need it anymore.

I've got bad acid reflux and my anxiety is creeping back. Really not sure what to do now. I've got the tablets but am prepared to go back and see the doctor this week.

I'd be really grateful if you could suggest anything else. Do you think I may be better with an Oestrogen patch and oral Progesterone, and if so which ones do you think would be best?

Thanks very much for the reply.

Jules x

Burchers

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »

I've not had a period since my hystocopy which I had 3 years ago this June.

Does this mean that I have finished the menopause

roseandthorn

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2019, 08:53:20 AM »

Since my earlier posts, the more forums I read, the more woman I hear are deeply upset and let down by Theramex, (and Teva for selling us down the river). I am going through my final supply that I managed to get online (now all sold out). I have been in touch with a relative in the US where it is still available under a different name, (Climara Pro) and am trying that route, assuming I'll have to pay through the nose. Meanwhile I have made an appointment to discuss with the GP. I'm not sure if am better off trying Everol Conti again, and for longer.... (I did in the past when FemSeven went temporary out of supply, although only had to use it for a week ..but I had bleeding and awful cramps in that period...) or try an oral progesterone with the oestrogen patch. Let's keep up the pressure on Theramex.... They're being a bit disingenuous about the reasons for the delay in supply. Most of us have had no trouble with the patch sticking, and if our symptoms were suitably relieved by the patch we would assume that the hormones were doing their job. We're still none the wiser.

Jo24

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2019, 07:15:38 PM »

Could you please let me know re sourcing an equivalent patch in the US - I may have to go down that route, despite the cost 😡
So cross with Thera - wholly unacceptable. So much for their corporate "supporting women's health" 🙄

Conolly

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2019, 07:30:40 PM »

Hello ladies,

Climara Pro has already been discontinued in Canada and although still available in the US, it is not listed on Bayer website anymore, although the product website is still online. By the way, it's very expensive.

Conolly X

Hurdity

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 07:47:09 PM »

Since my earlier posts, the more forums I read, the more woman I hear are deeply upset and let down by Theramex, (and Teva for selling us down the river). I am going through my final supply that I managed to get online (now all sold out). I have been in touch with a relative in the US where it is still available under a different name, (Climara Pro) and am trying that route, assuming I'll have to pay through the nose. Meanwhile I have made an appointment to discuss with the GP. I'm not sure if am better off trying Everol Conti again, and for longer.... (I did in the past when FemSeven went temporary out of supply, although only had to use it for a week ..but I had bleeding and awful cramps in that period...) or try an oral progesterone with the oestrogen patch. Let's keep up the pressure on Theramex.... They're being a bit disingenuous about the reasons for the delay in supply. Most of us have had no trouble with the patch sticking, and if our symptoms were suitably relieved by the patch we would assume that the hormones were doing their job. We're still none the wiser.

I think they are quite clear with their reasons for the delay in supply - just that they can't give a date yet - and who knows it may all go wrong and they might not be able to find a suitable alternative adhesive (or that component that was difficult to supply)?

Hurdity x

roseandthorn

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2019, 04:42:38 PM »

The latter, I expect because the patches were working perfectly well, for me anyway. Maybe it's all about money in the end.
I know Climara Pro is shockingly expensive. I'm still researching it as an option to tide me over, though. That, together with a convo with the GP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10