Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Switch from Evorel Sequi to Conti  (Read 2439 times)

Lmason7926

Switch from Evorel Sequi to Conti
« on: December 27, 2018, 01:46:53 PM »

Hello - a locum doc switched me to Evorel Sequi to Conti (I'm 58 and he said I shouldn't be on Sequi at my age).
I've been on the Conti now for two months and mentally I'm really struggling. Anxiety off the scale, crying and just generally feeling low. Ugh I don't need this and wondered if its the switch to blame? It's the only connection I can make.
I'm also on Fluoxetine by the way.
Any opinions or suggestions welcome

Hurdity

Re: Switch from Evorel Sequi to Conti
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »

Hi there - yes it could be the switch to continuous progestogen causing you to feel like this as it can cause continuous low-grade progestogenic side effects ie pms - in some women - when taken all the time.

There is usually no reason to stop sequi HRT just because you are 58 - there are several of us in our 60's still on cyclical HRT because of the effects of taking progestogens continuously (I am 65 and on a cycle still - although fed up with it - but needs must!). However if you have fibroids that are causing problems or endometriosis or other bleeding problems then continuous combined HRT is usually advised. There is a small increased risk in endometrial hyperplasia and therefore cancer when taking cyclical HRT but provided you have no abnormal bleeding and the balance is right then continuing with the cyclical regime should be fine for many (most?) women.

If you were happy before and no medical issues then I would ask to switch back...

Not sure how the Fluoxetine affects things too? If it was given for menopausal/hormonal depression then this is not indicated anyway and you might be better off coming off it and trying to get the HRT sorted?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Lmason7926

Re: Switch from Evorel Sequi to Conti
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »

Thank you so much for that reply. So reassuring. I've been on Fluoxetine for a long time - before menopause started - and I'd be scared to come off it. Will phone doc in morning to see if I can get an appointment to switch back to sequi. Thanks again x