Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anorexia 4 Jaypoo  (Read 7227 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anorexia 4 Jaypoo
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 11:20:30 PM »

Any news?  Did she cope with C.mas or do they not indulge there?

jaypo

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »

Sorry to say we just heard she's not good at all,the family are struggling & we just heard via my husbands aunt that she's very ill.no doubt back on a drip.The worrying thing about all this is that suicide runs in my husbands family,his half brother and his father both ended their life.Thats her uncle and grandfather. I hope she doesn't do the same,so sad ☹️

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »

She will be free from pain though.  Some illnesses can be fatal.  Are they getting any kind of counselling?  Maybe suggest that they source advice from one of the teen suicide support web-sites?

I still don't get why the Staff seem to think it OK to punish sufferers  :-\.  It obviously ain't working!

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 08:40:44 PM »

I don't know either  clkd,just feel so sad for her.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 08:48:07 PM »

It's a very difficult illness.  It affects the thought patterns which results in the person not being able to eat.  Sadly the brain can over-ride logic. 

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »

Interesting on the News about young girls 'trapped' in Hospital [can't remember which] and being 'abused' by being told that unless they eat they won't get X, Y, Z  >:(

Any news Jaypoo?

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 04:10:44 PM »

Oh? I will look that up,thanks clkd,no news but I will know something by the weekend.on the morning news,they were interviewing some girl who is a bit of a star now on YouTube,she does a comedy programme for eating disorders,I was going to get you to watch it and see if you thought it was appropriate or not,(totally forgot)she was an anorexic (I guess you always are)?? And the clip I saw was in a hospital and how she was poking fun at the drs etc,I'm sure it was something like Natalie's nutrition ,will try and find it. Back to winding up everyone on brexit I think 😂🤣😄

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 07:10:06 PM »

Here it is:

West Lane Hospital in Middlesbrough.

Mental health isn't tailored closely enough to treat each person as an individual.  Sufferers need to be honest about what is triggering the anorexic habits .

Will try to get the Link and watch but keep reminding me  :-\

I think that some people can get out of being anorexic but mine began to early and was triggered by the phobia.  Even now I have safe foods and anxiety puts me immediately into anorexic mode  :'( but in general, I am better than I have ever been.  We even go out to eat but the smell of food cooking puts me off ....... or if the tables are too close or if people are eating food I wouldn't face  ::)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:12:24 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »

Thank you,that little programme on YouTube is nutritiously Nicola

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 08:15:30 PM »

:thankyou:

jaypo

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 08:29:18 PM »

I see that 20 staff have been suspended

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »

???  how are things?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:18:41 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »

Just to let you know clkd,OHs niece is still in hospital,that's now 2 years and she's 17. She's still as bad,every chance she gets she self harms.few months back she was allowed to go on a trip with her parents and she threw herself out of the moving car,she seems hell bent on killing herself.when she's 18 can't she sign herself out? I mean if she's suicidal can they keep her in?

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

Hi!  catching up.  I think a patient can be 'sectioned' which varying - some are for 2 weeks, some are 28 days all have to go through a Court I think.  You could ring your local Mental Health Group [MIND] or the Hospital and ask.  Maybe killing herself is the 1 thing that she might have control over. 

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 08:37:48 PM »

Thanks clkd,they just don't know what to do,I'm sure they will section her,just seems so pointless where she is,as it's just not working.she so so wanted to be a vet,now it's all slipping away.anyway,thank you xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3