Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Menopause Depression Real Life Diary Article MUST READ  (Read 1265 times)

EnglishRose

Menopause Depression Real Life Diary Article MUST READ
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »

I can relate to this article so very much. It's very well written and she makes me feel I'm not the only one suffering with acute depression.

On that note, I've increased my oestrogel to 3 pumps after feeling truly suicidal today last day of my bleed....it was either up or off.

Anyway... enjoy.

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/08/08/it-feels-like-a-derangement-menopause-depression-me/

Peroxideblader

Re: Menopause Depression Real Life Diary Article MUST READ
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:05:06 AM »

that is the best article I've read on depression it's so true....it destroys your life on a daily basis..yet it's only THE CHANGE its natural just crack on..yeh right... :(

Charys

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:55:07 AM »

Yep, this is IT, this is what is feels like and how it manifests. :'( :'( :'(

I honestly couldn't read that whole book, it was hard enough reading those few excerpts and staying 'on keel'.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:29:44 AM by Charys »

Florence69

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 07:19:02 PM »

I too can relate to this
I've been searching for an answer to my “low mood” for nigh on 4 years it's like looking for the holy grail !

racjen

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »

God I could've written this myself. I note she's on 200 patches and still struggling - some of us really do need incredibly high levels of estrogen to function anything like normally. And as for progesterone....no more proof needed that God's a bloke really is there?

NorthArm

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 02:20:22 AM »

That absolutely sums it up. It's how I am, and could have written it myself.

I too bristle when people tell me I have ‘redundancy syndrome'. Such f**king bollocks.....I adore my kids, but am longing for the day they're both fully independent!!

Anyway, on a positive note, I've upped my patch to 100mcg, and now have a script for Androfeme (women's testosterone) - of course it's out of stock / unavailable (which is bloody ridiculous as it's manufactured here in Australia 😡)....so will start on that when it arrives...

Hope you're all feeling a bit better today xx