Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: What menopause symptoms did or do you have that no one else did?  (Read 2224 times)

EnglishRose

Mine ~

very sensitive skin to upper spine lumbar buttocks and legs. Made me shiver and shudder just to walk from clothing brushing against these areas. No burning or pain just horrible wanting to get out of my own skin sensation.

aching lumbar back restless legs attacks that happened at various times during the day,. Would appear and vanish without reason,

The last two were always bad when my mood was very low too. Like a result from hormones crashing.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 08:29:27 PM by EnglishRose »

Charys

Re: What menopause symptoms did or do you have that no one else did?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »

Sorry, I can't think of anything......because to be honest you usually find out from asking around (here or IRL) that someone has had something you've got/had.

Woodlands

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »

Hi there.
I've had tooth grinding... Ended up with a night guard from the dentist, now much easier than it once was.
I also have developed Asthma, never smoked etc started almost five years ago-apparently something to do with meno bringing increase in inflammatory conditions. Currently I'm suffering my x3 chest infection this year, second course of antibiotics on the go and x5 steroids.... Its pants but not called the change for no reason I guess.
Woodlands

aspie65

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »

I have a burning sensation in my buttocks, back and head when I rest on them ie at night.  Only relieved by ice packs and have yet to find anyone else with something similar. 

NaturalMystic

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 08:29:50 PM »

OMG in the past week itching hands, fingers, palms ...   gghggrrrrr anyone else?

racjen

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 10:17:14 PM »

Extreme sensitivity to any kind of drug that might help alleviate acute anxiety - so anything from anti-depressants of all sorts, beta-blockers, pregabalin, anti-histamine sleeping tablets, cbd oil, herbal valerian tablets and even testosterone, all cause me to become extremely depressed with suicidal ideation, as if my brain just can't cope with not being in fight or flight mode. Never had that before menopause.

Dancing Queen

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »

Bloody high libido and no one to satisfy it with! 😱

EnglishRose

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 11:31:56 PM »

Ahhh I had that ( in case you missed the 194 posts I wrote about it)

Having NEVER had one in my life I can tell you it truly honestly scared me to the state I'm in now.
I hated who I had to be in order to get what my body demanded. It wasn't a natural love feeling  I felt like I had no say in the matter.

It lasted about 3 long weeks... and I've had a few peaks since but so far I'm back to my “big pants, no sex please we're British” self. 😂
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:43:45 AM by EnglishRose »

racjen

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »

Having NEVER had one in my life I can tell you it truly honestly scared me to the state I'm in now.
I hated who I had to be in order to get what my body demanded. It wasn't a natural love feeling  I felt like I had no say in the matter.

It lasted about 3 long weeks... and I've had a few peaks since but so far I'm back to my “big pants, no sex please we're British” self. 😂
I had this initially with testosterone - bloody amazing, I haven't suffered with low libido in the past but this was something else, not just wanting sex ALL the time but the quality of orgasm when I got it, unbelievable. But then after a week the effect stopped and I started getting depressed very quickly. No-one can explain why - really frustrating.

EnglishRose

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »

I had this initially with testosterone - bloody amazing, I haven't suffered with low libido in the past but this was something else, not just wanting sex ALL the time but the quality of orgasm when I got it, unbelievable. But then after a week the effect stopped and I started getting depressed very quickly. No-one can explain why - really frustrating.

Amazing? You found having a female hard on at random and usually inappropriate times enjoyable?
I wish I could have embraced it but I was so sure I had some horrible nerve disorder bc I didn't recognise any of it.
It terrified me and caused acute health anxiety which lead to depression and alienating some ladies on here with my constant questions 😒