Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 1090 times)

kathryn66

Confused
« on: November 28, 2018, 05:25:37 PM »

Hi there
I was on femoston 1/10 for around 8 years (with a brief period on 1/5 but the continuous progesterone didn't agree with me) I decided to come off to see if I still needed the hrt. It's been 6 weeks and the hot flushes have returned as well as sore joints. Should I leave it a little longer to see if it settles down or do I go back on HRT? I am 52 by the way.

Dancinggirl

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »

You are young so you can really benefit from taking hrt for a few more years. If I were you I would continue with HRT for at least 5 more years - possibly longer.
I'm afraid meno flushes and other symptoms will often return when you stop HRT and nobody can tell you how long the flushes will continue or even whether they will ultimately subside. I am 62 and not had hrt for over 2 years and I still get flushes. I manage joint pain with Pilates and lots of brisk walking every day.
Quality of life is important - if you felt good on hrt then don't stop.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:53:09 PM »

No need to stop if you gain benefit.  Now that you've had a break and the symptoms have returned, maybe consider returning to some form of HRT?  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart feelings?

kathryn66

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »

Thank you for your advice ladies  :). I am seriously considering going back on I just wish the doctors at my surgery were more informed on hrt!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:10:43 PM »

Oh don't we all though I have been lucky thus far .........

kathryn66

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »

I have decided to go back on hrt and have made an appointment with my gp however I'm not sure what to ask for.
I was on Femosoton sequi for many years until the gynae put me on conti, but having continuous progesterone didn't agree with me and I went back to Femoston 1/10. I wasn't getting a withdrawal bleed on the 1/10 and getting quite a lot of headaches so that is why I decided to come off. The headaches have improved so I think it would be better to try something else but I have no idea what. Do any of you lovely ladies have any advice for me as my gp surgery are a but useless when it comes to hrt?